Collapse
No announcement yet.

What people aren't paying attention to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez has power, his records shows it, and the punched landed perfectly at the right place to KO Manny.

It was a perfect punch with perfect timing, taking advantage of the full leverage that Manny was giving to his punch so in a way all that Marquez had to do was put that right hand there and Manny was going to get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
      pacquiaos fault imo... pwil was the same case. he had an even better chin seeing how he fought better punchers at higher weights. pac is better than pwill defensively.. he was just irresponsible.. and he paid for it. no coincidence it looked exactly like the pwill ko...sergio learned and adjusted.. pwill didnt... marquez learned and adjusted(won the last 2 imo)... and pacquiao didnt.
      How did Pacquiao not adjust, when he was winning the fight? He adjusted, but in the right and wrong fashion. He had to be way more aggressive to seal a unanimous victory, but in the end, that sealed his fate.

Comment

What people arent paying attention to is that the Manny Pacquiao as a p4per show is over.

Comment

What people arent paying attention to is how perfect of a counter punch that was. Pacquiao was bringing is open face in, Marquez was bringing his closed fist in and the force collided with Pacquiaos face...perfect recipe for disaster.

Comment

Marquez knocked out Ring champion Joel Casamayor in his first fight at 135, the first to ever knock Casamayor out. Power has always been there, it's never been a problem for him. He was also the first and only fighter stop Juan Diaz. Now he's the first fighter to stop Manny Pacquiao since 1999. Marquez's power has always been there. He was not getting knocked out by smaller guys at the lighter weights, and was having trouble putting them away, and just out nowhere is dominating. He's always had tremendous power.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
              By the way, nobody is buying your stupid little threads that you make to raise suspicion on JMM doing something illegal. So, you can stop it!

JMM has always been the better boxer, and he proved it last night! I loved every second of last night!
              Whether or not I think he took steroids isn't the point of the thread, but thanks for showing urself so I know the butt hurt fanboys I can now put on ignore

The point of the thread is simply, AS STATED IN THE THREAD, is Marquez power now something to be feared, or has Pacquiao's chin deteriorated

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Marquez knocked out Ring champion Joel Casamayor in his first fight at 135, the first to ever knock Casamayor out. Power has always been there, it's never been a problem for him. He was also the first and only fighter stop Juan Diaz. Now he's the first fighter to stop Manny Pacquiao since 1999. Marquez's power has always been there. He was not getting knocked out by smaller guys at the lighter weights, and was having trouble putting them away, and just out nowhere is dominating. He's always had tremendous power.
                Both of those were accumulation stoppages

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  Whether or not I think he took steroids isn't the point of the thread, but thanks for showing urself so I know the butt hurt fanboys I can now put on ignore

The point of the thread is simply, AS STATED IN THE THREAD, is Marquez power now something to be feared, or has Pacquiao's chin deteriorated
                  The power has always been there and there's nothing wrong with Pac's chin. It was just a perfect counter punch.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    The power has always been there and there's nothing wrong with Pac's chin. It was just a perfect counter punch.
                    Totally, but the TS is right about the first KD. That seemed to pack way more power than expected

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Marquez is a great counterpuncher with decent power and he landed probably the best timed shot of his career. That would have knocked anybody out.
                      He landed it twice then, because he nearly sparked Manny in the 2nd round.

This, after 37 rounds of never putting him down.

I like both fighters but something's not right there. Manny has always been a KO artist, Marquez has not...until now, at 39 after some muscle-building program.

Comment

Working...
                      X