• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    yeah but Irving needs to pay his dues first... I'd go with
    C-Howard/Aldrige
    PF-Love/Griffin
    SF-Durant/Carmelo
    SG-Lebron/Kobe
    PG-Rose/Paul/Deron/Lowry/Westbrook/Rondo....lol altho need more an assist guy here prob like Lowry, Paul or Rondo...save Rose for scoring off the bench
    I see what you're saying...but ain't no way the reigning MVP is coming off the bench. Rondo plus that roster would be dope as fuck though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      I see what you're saying...but ain't no way the reigning MVP is coming off the bench. Rondo plus that roster would be dope as fuck though.
      lol true true and in all honesty its not like Rose DOESNT like to pass...he is just needed on his team to be a scorer...on the USA team he prob can average 10+ pretty easily with no needs to score

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        Summer Olympics are coming up, and I think this year's team USA team is gonna be the sickest ever.

heres how I think the ideal team USA roster should look like:

C Howard / Griffin
        PF Durant / Lebron
        SF Carmelo / Harden
        SG Rose / Allen
        PG Paul / Deron

I know I put a lot of those guys in the positions they don't naturally play, but we're talking about olympics not NBA. They would be better off in those positions for the olympics.

Also I know I'm gonna get burned for not putting guys like Kobe, Wade and Westbrook. But I also based this on the TEAM game and if each player is capable of playing a role and satisfied with only 10 shots per game rather than 20+ which wouldn't be good on a team like this.

Each of the guys I picked would be more than willing to play the team game.

no Kobe...of course

KSwizzy likes Bronze medals

Comment

yeah but Irving needs to pay his dues first... I'd go with
          C-Howard/Aldrige
          PF-Love/Griffin
          SF-Durant/Carmelo
          SG-Lebron/Kobe
          PG-Rose/Paul/Deron/Lowry/Westbrook/Rondo....lol altho need more an assist guy here prob like Lowry, Paul or Rondo...save Rose for scoring off the bench
          why does he have to pay his dues? Lebron, Melo and Wade were on the team as rookies.

Most times rookies take the experience more seriously than the veterans.

And Rondo would not work out in the world game. Rondo can't shoot and in the euro style of basketball, the worst thing you can be is a guard that can't shoot. You are as good as useless on the floor no matter how skilled you are at everything else.

Kyrie Irving can do everything at a high level. He can drive, pass and shoot as good as any guard right now.

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          no Kobe...of course

KSwizzy likes Bronze medals
          I redid the roster and put Kobe in for Melo.

Don't like the way Melo is playing this year. He's always been terrible at killing the offensive flow of his team, but it seems especially bad this year. Melo is only good at 1on1.
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 01-31-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

why does he have to pay his dues? Lebron, Melo and Wade were on the team as rookies.

Most times rookies take the experience more seriously than the veterans.

And Rondo would not work out in the world game. Rondo can't shoot and in the euro style of basketball, the worst thing you can be is a guard that can't shoot. You are as good as useless on the floor no matter how skilled you are at everything else.

Kyrie Irving can do everything at a high level. He can drive, pass and shoot as good as any guard right now.

I redid the roster and put Kobe in for Melo.

Don't like the way Melo is playing this year. He's always been terrible at killing the offensive flow of his team, but it seems especially bad this year. Melo is only good at 1on1.
            he has to pay em due to the quality that is out there and wants to play..i'm fine w him on the team..just not one the top 2spots for his position..and rondo is good man he can pass/steal/block shots/rebound...he jus sux at free throws

Comment

he has to pay em due to the quality that is out there and wants to play..i'm fine w him on the team..just not one the top 2spots for his position..and rondo is good man he can pass/steal/block shots/rebound...he jus sux at free throws
              Yes I agree that Rondo is a really good PG no doubt.... but IMO his style just wouldn't work out on a smaller court with the limited space from the 3pt to the basket.

If the zone can shut him down in the NBA, it will be that much easier to shut him down at the international level. The europeans are experts at shutting down the lane and forcing you to shoot. Rondo's drive-kickout/drive-finish would be easily shut down.

Comment

Yes I agree that Rondo is a really good PG no doubt.... but IMO his style just wouldn't work out on a smaller court with the limited space from the 3pt to the basket.

If the zone can shut him down in the NBA, it will be that much easier to shut him down at the international level. The europeans are experts at shutting down the lane and forcing you to shoot. Rondo's drive-kickout/drive-finish would be easily shut down.
                I can buy that as a pretty good reason...

Comment

in case ppl don't believe me about Kyrie Irving....

Comment

C Howard / Love / Griffin
                    PF Durant / Lebron
                    SF Iguodala / Joe Johnson
                    SG Rose / Westbrook
                    PG Paul / Deron

updated my lineup again.

Comment

C Howard / Love / Griffin
                      PF Durant / Lebron
                      SF Iguodala / Joe Johnson
                      SG Rose / Westbrook
                      PG Paul / Deron

updated my lineup again.
                      What the fuck, you have four point guards, no traditional shooting guards and you have JOE JOHNSON and Iggy, but no Kobe or Wade?

my list
                      PG: Paul/Rose (Rondo)
                      SG: Kobe/Wade
                      SF: Durant/Lebron
                      PF: Love/Aldridge (Bosh, Griffin)
                      C: Howard/ Bynum (Hibbert)

Comment

Working...
                      X