Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official cruiserweight thread. Will be updated regularly.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    wide open division

here's the boxrec top 25

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?sex=M&...eight&pageID=1

the best CW in the world, IMO, is eddie chambers. he just chooses to fight at HW for the money. you've got to assume it's the money. you can make good cash fighting at CW in europe, but if you're a HW you can make seven figs fighting wladimir and getting your ass kicked.

chambers was 202 against adamek, and he still had weight to lose. easy CW. easy.

I don't really like boxrec's rankings. They have Guillermo Jones at like 17. That is ridiculous. He might not have fought any of the top guys, but based on his skills, and ability alone he's a top 10 CW. He beat down Arslan with brilliant boxing, who is a fringe contender.

I think CHambers might be able to beat everybody at CW. He is a very smooth boxer. . Very slick, and smooth. . . His fight with Adamek was close, but if he didn't injure his hand he probably would have beaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      I don't really like boxrec's rankings. They have Guillermo Jones at like 17. That is ridiculous. He might not have fought any of the top guys, but based on his skills, and ability alone he's a top 10 CW. He beat down Arslan with brilliant boxing, who is a fringe contender.

I think CHambers might be able to beat everybody at CW. He is a very smooth boxer. . Very slick, and smooth. . . His fight with Adamek was close, but if he didn't injure his hand he probably would have beaten him.

i think everything but the p4p list on boxrec is done via a points system, and i'm not sure how it works. i think it values wins and losses numerically.

the p4p list may be the same.

included in that top 25 on the first page are usually the best fighters in the division. usually.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

ye, chambers would whip marco huck's ass

probably hernandez, too, but i think he'd make huck look the most foolish.

huck would look like a novice fighting chambers

Comment

RANKINGS UPDATE! After Kucher's 2nd round destruction of Herelius, he enters the top 10 rankings! Tarver will exit the rankings: Taking into account his steroid use, and arguable loss against an unproven Kayode. . . Also, the more you think about it, how impressive was beating Danny Green? Green is a natural 168 pounder, who is actually weighing in 10-15 pounds under the limit.

When considering my rankings, please know that I take into account some aspects such as "who 'really won'" (like Lebedev over Huck), steroid tests (Tarver), and simply who I think has better raw talent/skill. I know my rankings are not perfect, but boxing is just so subjective. This is just my take, and is by no means better than anybody else's opinion. Please, feel free to question my rankings so we can generate discussion!

So, here we have the new rankings! Champions denoted with asterisk.

1.) Yoan Pablo Hernandez*
          2.) Denis Lebedev
          3.) Marco Huck*
          4.) Ola Afolabi
          5.) Krzysztof Wlodarczyk*
          6.) Mateusz Masternak
          7.) Guillermo Jones*
          8.) Rahkim Chakhiev
          9.) Troy Ross
          10.) Dmytro Kucher

Some guys you could argue belong in the top 10 now, or who could easily be here shortly: Eddie Chambers (let's see what he decides on), Alexander Alekseev, Pawel Kolodziej, Lateef Kayode, BJ Flores, Danny Green.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            ye, chambers would whip marco huck's ass

probably hernandez, too, but i think he'd make huck look the most foolish.

huck would look like a novice fighting chambers
            Huck looks like a novice whoever he's fighting.

Still, his fights are always entertaining.

WAR CAPTAIN!

Comment

The rankings aren't bad but i would have Krzysztof above Ola and Ross above Mateusz and Rahkim due to the fact that they have fought a higher level of competition. But my favorite Cruiser at the moment is my boy Rahkim, Beware of the "Unibrow Bomber" Baby!

Comment

IDK about boxrec's rankings but love the division I mean they have this Brazilian guy http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6325&cat=boxer here he is 32-0 31kos but its all against the same guys over and over.

I noticed thats common in south America with fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  IDK about boxrec's rankings but love the division I mean they have this Brazilian guy http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6325&cat=boxer here he is 32-0 31kos but its all against the same guys over and over.

I noticed thats common in south America with fighters.
                  The Brazilian boxing circles are very tight.. but even those hardcore fans don't even know who Bezarra is.

They think his record, both pro and amateur is phony. His manager was a fraud that got a world title fight and quit in about 51 seconds.

There's no footage of him or anything. Don't buy into that guy.

Comment

Nice thread & probably my favourite division.

Very strong division with a lot of powerful Euro talent coming through, its just a shame for them that there is an unstoppable force coming through who will crush anything in its path by the name of Rakhim.

THE future!

2013 is the year of The Machine!

Comment

Marco Huck interview here:

http://www.***************.net/2012/...expect-me.html

Comment

Working...
                      X