No announcement yet.

Me and Aziz Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Aziz Sparring

Me and my buddy Aziz sparring at Mcgarry's Gym....he got the best of me in the second and third rounds cause I gased out...im not used to sparring 3 rounders and 18 ounce gloves

the bigger guy( the guy with the black shirt with no blue on the front) is pretty good.. i like the in and out movement and boxing.. he made a few bad steps with his feet here and there but overall he was pretty good.. u dont spar 3 rounds? what are u used to sparring? you are pretty good too but not as experienced as the other guy and it shows

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
      the bigger guy( the guy with the black shirt with no blue on the front) is pretty good.. i like the in and out movement and boxing.. he made a few bad steps with his feet here and there but overall he was pretty good.. u dont spar 3 rounds? what are u used to sparring? you are pretty good too but not as experienced as the other guy and it shows
      lol whats funny is that the other guy has no fights yet...and Im in da open division. But yea hes a good fighter

Comment

You were trying to hard to be fancy, he was keeping it simple, taking his time, while you came in like a steam train.

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
          Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
          You were trying to hard to be fancy, he was keeping it simple, taking his time, while you came in like a steam train.
          Thats just my style....and **** hes fast thats the only way i could get to him. We were using heavy ass 18ounces and he still was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by King James III View Post
            Thats just my style....and **** hes fast thats the only way i could get to him. We were using heavy ass 18ounces and he still was fast.
            That was some pretty good sparring. You need to become more mobile with your feet. The reason he was getting the best of you is because when he came forward he brought his feet with him. When you came forward, you left your feet behind and lunged. I don't believe for a second that he has no fights either.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              That was some pretty good sparring. You need to become more mobile with your feet. The reason he was getting the best of you is because when he came forward he brought his feet with him. When you came forward, you left your feet behind and lunged. I don't believe for a second that he has no fights either.
              He hasnt fought yet...hes been training for like 2 years though hes waiting for the Golden Gloves....

Comment

both of you let your hands drop too many times, but other then that you guys look pretty seasoned. one instance where I say you slip his jab and did nothing, that would have been a perfect setup for a right hand to the body.

what weight class are you?

also that ring is rather small, which I like becuase I fight on the inside a lot.
                Last edited by bbos; 10-28-2008, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                  both of you let your hands drop too many times, but other then that you guys look pretty seasoned. one instance where I say you slip his jab and did nothing, that would have been a perfect setup for a right hand to the body.

what weight class are you?

also that ring is rather small, which I like becuase I fight on the inside a lot.
                  We are both 147...even though the actual limit is 152.

Comment

pretty solid skills, you should be proud.

Comment

Working...
                    X