Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Danny Garcia Become A Superstar Thanks To The New York Rican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Danny Garcia Become A Superstar Thanks To The New York Rican?

Most of Cotto's fan base in New York are American with Puerto Rican born parents similar To Danny. Can Garcia grab some of that fan base? Can he be a Puerto Rican version of Oscar De La Hoya?

no............ puerto ricans might like him cause hes winning now but when he loses, lol, his fans will be gone no thanks to dannys garcias dad

Comment

He has the potential to be. It remains to be seen. Danny is gonna be in some deep waters if he can get past Judah.

There's many tests ahead. Matthysse, Rios, Broner (once he moves up). There are fighters which I feel he could beat like PEDerson, Rios, Cuenca, Khan (rematch)

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
        no............ puerto ricans might like him cause hes winning now but when he loses, lol, his fans will be gone no thanks to dannys garcias dad
        Cotto has lost 4 times and he still the 3rd biggest draw in the sport. You understimating how loyal the fan base is.

Comment

another thing oscars gay azz had was the following of horny women and horny lil girls, lol, garcia has nobody but his annoying azz father

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            Most of Cotto's fan base in New York are American with Puerto Rican born parents similar To Danny. Can Garcia grab some of that fan base? Can he be a Puerto Rican version of Oscar De La Hoya?
            If he starts fighting exciting fights in NY then I think he can. I remember when Oscar was coming up a lot of Mexicans really didn't like him because A) he was Mexican American and b) he beat a past prime JCC. If Danny can speak Spanish to identify with people from Puerto Rico he will be better accepted by Puerto Ricans. Also, he should avoid any fights with Puerto Rican legends like Miguel Cotto. I am sure Puerto ricans who frequent this board will be more in tune with what the PR community thinks about Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              He has the potential to be. It remains to be seen. Danny is gonna be in some deep waters if he can get past Judah.

There's many tests ahead. Matthysse, Rios, Broner (once he moves up). There are fighters which I feel he could beat like PEDerson, Rios, Cuenca, Khan (rematch)
              I feel Garcia-Broner will be a mega fight once Broner move and out of all those fights Mathysse is the only one I don't favor Danny in.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Cotto has lost 4 times and he still the 3rd biggest draw in the sport. You understimating how loyal the fan base is.
                you comparing a fanbase(oscars fanbase) that has a country like mexico (best boxing fanbase easily)like with oscar or a state or whatever you want to refer puerto rico as, lol, besides, oscar and california(easiest highest populated state which is majority made of mexicans)
                Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ManUtd626 View Post
                  If he starts fighting exciting fights in NY then I think he can. I remember when Oscar was coming up a lot of Mexicans really didn't like him because A) he was Mexican American and b) he beat a past prime JCC. If Danny can speak Spanish to identify with people from Puerto Rico he will be better accepted by Puerto Ricans. Also, he should avoid any fights with Puerto Rican legends like Miguel Cotto. I am sure Puerto ricans who frequent this board will be more in tune with what the PR community thinks about Danny.
                  I am rican and i live in the island and to the papers here in PR they talk about him as a puerto Rican but he doesnt get the attention local stars like Cotto, Juanma and even young Felix Verdejo gets. But to the Puertro Rican Americans he is catching upo fast.

Comment

He can according to the posters from Philly!

Comment

Working...
                    X