Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training to become pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey chowace, its really complicated, like my dad said if i were you then i'll go quit and go straight off to a bigger gym, find a job and train everyday. god damn it there are people, such as the kameda family (i dont know if you know them but the 3 kameda champions could not go to school because their stupid ass dad didnt let'em)and of course hozumi hasegawa who quit high school. My mom said that school is so improtant to me right now. i really want to focus on boxing, but what my mom says is true. boxing changed from the 1990's, we cant just quit school, christ sake im not even a pro.

Comment

If nothing else spar first man, before you quit everything heh.

*Nice dedication though*

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Take it from somebody who has been there and done that, finish your schooling. You have no amatuer experience (I'm assuming) and plan to earn a living being a pro fighter, I don't mean to burst your bubble but chances are that you will make far less fighting than you would even a minimum wage job when it's all said and done.

I had a good amatuer background, at a time they tell me that I was one of the top amatuers in the state. I turned pro and was fighting on television right from my first pro bout. Alot of things can happen, in the ring and in your life in general. Being a fighter is the toughest road you will ever see.

Stay in the amatuers man, get that experience and if you're beating all of the amatuers around you then consider fighting pro. The pro game is no joke and you could be seriously injured if you don't have the experience or have somebody trust worthy handling your career. I had both when I was rolling and its still a tough road.

Whatever you do finish atleast your highschool education and better yet get a college education.

And what does this pro test consist of.........Rockin'
        Thank god you posted. Some people are way too naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Take it from somebody who has been there and done that, finish your schooling. You have no amatuer experience (I'm assuming) and plan to earn a living being a pro fighter, I don't mean to burst your bubble but chances are that you will make far less fighting than you would even a minimum wage job when it's all said and done.

I had a good amatuer background, at a time they tell me that I was one of the top amatuers in the state. I turned pro and was fighting on television right from my first pro bout. Alot of things can happen, in the ring and in your life in general. Being a fighter is the toughest road you will ever see.

Stay in the amatuers man, get that experience and if you're beating all of the amatuers around you then consider fighting pro. The pro game is no joke and you could be seriously injured if you don't have the experience or have somebody trust worthy handling your career. I had both when I was rolling and its still a tough road.

Whatever you do finish atleast your highschool education and better yet get a college education.

And what does this pro test consist of.........Rockin'
          this man...believe...he is truth..he has been there no doubt..very reputable..and yes spar no doubt..go to the bigger gym more the merrier...continue school..boxing is very tuff business

Comment

No have a few fights and spar first you need the experience.make sure you spar before that test cuz i have seen people spar for the first time and they just get a big shock when someone is trying to hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
              No have a few fights and spar first you need the experience.make sure you spar before that test cuz i have seen people spar for the first time and they just get a big shock when someone is trying to hit them.
              lol not only that but...i've had guys come in say they wanna box..all about it (i'm a coach)...then they spar....get their ass handed to them...and never show up again....boxing is not only throwing punches but getting hit..they all do no matter how good u are....

Comment

I'll have a couple slots open on a few of my fight cards late 2011 or early 2012. I'm willing to match you up against other fighters who don't have extensive experience like yourself. Drop me a pm if you're interested...

Promoter

Comment

Spar!!!!!!

Comment

gahh i hate it when i cant spar, seriously i need a new gym :-/

Comment

Well the least you can do is stay in school until you have experienced sparring and amateur fighting. I don't know what your situation is, maybe your family doesn't have a lot of money and putting you through college would be difficult for them.

Maybe you working and pursuing a boxing career is your best path, just test the waters before you jump in.

Comment

Working...
                      X