Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Klitschkos be remembered as dominating the Millennium?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Klitschkos be remembered as dominating the Millennium?

Lets face it, the two headed monster has been punishing the heavyweight division since 2004. Six years later after the retirement of Lewis who made a very fine choice, realizing that his chances of winning a rematch against Vitali were slim to none, the division has been held hostage. Hate it or love it but the Klitschkos will be remembered as all time greats simply for being the best of their time for over a period of a decade. Thoughts?

They won't be remenbered, I plan on forgetting them.

Comment

Being #1 in the worst HW era in history isn't that big of a deal, especially when it takes 2 of them to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Lets face it, the two headed monster has been punishing the heavyweight division since 2004. Six years later after the retirement of Lewis who made a very fine choice, realizing that his chances of winning a rematch against Vitali were slim to none, the division has been held hostage. Hate it or love it but the Klitschkos will be remembered as all time greats simply for being the best of their time for over a period of a decade. Thoughts?
        Yes even though some do hate them for whatever reason ppl will remember them because they were on top for so long. Consistency more than anything is the hallmark of ATG HWs.

Comment

Wlad dominated 2003 and 2004 for sure.

EDIT: LOL! I read the decade. If they'll be remembered as dominating the millenium then well, boxing must die out completely around 2015.
          Last edited by Bring It On; 10-27-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
            Being #1 in the worst HW era in history isn't that big of a deal, especially when it takes 2 of them to do it.
            I concur wholeheartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Yes even though some do hate them for whatever reason ppl will remember them because they were on top for so long. Consistency more than anything is the hallmark of ATG HWs.

They've earned their accolades for their consistency and will be remembered for their domination. Unfortunately they'll also be remembered for their incredibly weak era. This of course is no fault of their own, but something I don't think will be over looked when evaluating their legacies years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

They've earned their accolades for their consistency and will be remembered for their domination. Unfortunately they'll also be remembered for their incredibly weak era. This of course is no fault of their own, but something I don't think will be over looked when evaluating their legacies years from now.
                You could say the same for Holmes because he gets recognized as an ATG HW and rightfully so for his consistency and long run on top with only a couple name wins.

Comment

You could say the same for Holmes because he gets recognized as an ATG HW and rightfully so for his consistency and long run on top with only a couple name wins.

I agree with you. The difference I see though is Holmes didn't have the massive physical advantages the bros enjoy in most of their fights. Again, not their fault but I think people will look at that down the road. Jmo.

Comment

Holmes got a ton of ***** for that, and only pretty recently is he seen as an ATG

Comment

Working...
                    X