Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan's Trainer: Possibility of Mayweather is Quite High

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan's Trainer: Possibility of Mayweather is Quite High

Virgil Hunter, the trainer of British star Amir Khan, feels there is a high possibility that his boxer will get the opportunity to face WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. For several weeks Khan has been rumored to be the frontrunner opponent to face Mayweather on the May date. To focus on landing Mayweather, Khan withdrew from a scheduled fight with IBF champion Devon Alexander. Khan has been talking for weeks about using his speed to give Mayweather fits.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not this clown!

Nothing more than a trip to the bank via hospital for Khan....ridiculous !
    It's on occasions such as this we really are left questioning our sport because this will be a very low point .
    Again Khan has never fought at welter, was afraid he would lose given a straight totally undeserved shot at Devon Alexanders title.
    Knocked out at lightweight,knocked out at lightwelter wight at now seemly at the front of the queue to get knocked out again at welterweight.
    To think that Mayweather would consider this clown as an opponent if is the case, will only turn people away from him, for Floyd to earn 30 million plus for toying with this clown is beyond a joke and for Khan to earn anything...well!
    pls. forget all the legions of travelling Brits as Khan is not Calzaghe, nor is he Lewis not even a Nas or many other TRUE Brits that we all love to support,he has NOT got a huge fan base as some ,golden boy included will have you believe, in fact apart from the minority his fan base is very limited.
    This if allowed to happen will most certainly not have me throwing away my money!

Comment

Jesus Christ, just announce the fight already and stop stringing the fans along.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        Nothing more than a trip to the bank via hospital for Khan....ridiculous !
        It's on occasions such as this we really are left questioning our sport because this will be a very low point .
        Again Khan has never fought at welter, was afraid he would lose given a straight totally undeserved shot at Devon Alexanders title.
        Knocked out at lightweight,knocked out at lightwelter wight at now seemly at the front of the queue to get knocked out again at welterweight.
        To think that Mayweather would consider this clown as an opponent if is the case, will only turn people away from him, for Floyd to earn 30 million plus for toying with this clown is beyond a joke and for Khan to earn anything...well!
        pls. forget all the legions of travelling Brits as Khan is not Calzaghe, nor is he Lewis not even a Nas or many other TRUE Brits that we all love to support,he has NOT got a huge fan base as some ,golden boy included will have you believe, in fact apart from the minority his fan base is very limited.
        This if allowed to happen will most certainly not have me throwing away my money!
        Too right.

Khan needs a good couple of wins at welterweight first, against at least one high-profile name.

Getting your ass handed to you on a plate by Garcia should not be the road to FMJ.

Comment

I'm asking myself so far,when GROUPIES will finally be honest about the **** FIGHTS of JUNIOR???!!! Victor Ortiz,Robert Guerrero and CANELO are three names ridicolous of his four last fights;now why KHAN and not DANNY GARCIA??? PACQUIAO will fight P4P number 3(BRADLEY) to continue his great carrerr,JUNIOR continues his matress bouts and his fraud carrer from 2007. KHAN earned the fight because he has lost with two good opponents(PETERSON and GARCIA),one of them knocked him out badly and then won two fights vs who???? HOLY ****,buy this fight GROUPIES buy it;imagine what great undercards they have to put on this event to sell it!!!

Comment

This fights been signed for a mth.

Comment

I still have the faint hope that all of this is b/s.

Comment

read this...

Trust me when I tell you....the only way I see this happening is if Money fights Khan in the UK, it will be his third fight of his showtime contract. Its the only way he can justify the fight. No doubt an easy win, no arguing that....but in Khans backyard. Selling point is huge!!!! Not about the matchup but Floyd's first fight professional overseas. Big Money fight. If he loses like Tyson in China to Douglas....whoa!!!! Pacman in the meantime rematches Bradley and knocks him out in April. I'm a fight fan. It plays out that way nice....fingers crossed. Mayweather fights Garcia if he beats Khan, fourth fight of his contract in September...PAC fights Ruslan in November 2014....they both win their fights. If Mayweather loses to Khan...he still fights Garcia in September 2014 as a comeback. Pacs contract with Arum expires the end of 2014. Marquez out of the picture because he won't fight PAC and either retires or fights Bradley after he loses to PAC...in the meantime...Money Vs PAC 2015. Moneys fifth fight on the showtime contract. PAC wins a close decision....rematch with Mayweathers last fight, sixth of his contract...and its a toss up.....story book ending to both hall of fame careers....remember this post fight fans...no bias true boxing fan right here...peace
                Last edited by Young_Champion; 12-07-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

What a **** fight Gayweather is such a clown

Comment

Thought this fight was a done deal or something, why are they trying to play this mystery role now? LOL, the fight is gonna flop just announce it already and get it over with....you won't be able to sell this fight, Khan was lucky to survive his last fight and looks crappier each time out even against overmatched older and/or smaller opponents - he is getting KTFO against Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X