No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Another terrible fight.... the odds are about 20:1 which says it all.

Being a cancer survivor and a nice guy aren't prerequisites for getting a title shot and neither is being undefeated. Undefeated doesn't mean anything, other than generally speaking, you haven't fought anyone yet.
    It's stayin busy fight, I'm not happy with it either but after Pianeta he'll fight Povetkin than winner of Fury/Pulev. Plus Pianeta is pretty popular in Germany so..

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Another terrible fight.... the odds are about 20:1 which says it all.

Being a cancer survivor and a nice guy aren't prerequisites for getting a title shot and neither is being undefeated. Undefeated doesn't mean anything, other than generally speaking, you haven't fought anyone yet.
      IDK, maybe Pianeta will surprise us. I agree that this guy is undeserving of a title shot but I think Wlad has had a lot of trouble finding guys that want to fight him that are not mandatory challengers. It seems very bizare that the hw champion of world would have trouble finding opponents but it is what it is.

Also, this is a 'stay busy' fight so I can't get overly critical of Klitschko. A lot of the elite fighters today will wait on the sideline (for months and months) for a high profile fight to materialize instead of staying busy.

Comment

• What a pointless fight and horrible horrible mis-match. The only way Pianeta wins is if Wlad been spending his whole training camp sleeping with Hayden and comes into the ring soft as hell....I'd still pick Wlad to destroy him tohugh but he would at least be somewhat of a live underdog had that been the case.
        Last edited by VatoMulatto; 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Meh, can't get too overcritical for a stay busy fight. Wlad will own as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            Meh, can't get too overcritical for a stay busy fight. Wlad will own as usual.
            A stay busy fight can be fun to watch if the opponent at least have some sort of weapon so he can make the fight interesting. Pianeta has nothing. He's slow and can't box with Wlad and he's not a puncher. I feel sorry for the boxing fans that are going to attend the fight.

Comment

• Klitschko haters please explain:

If there no interest in this fight, why has this thread had 125 posts and over 5500 views?

Promo for the telecast on Orange Sport TV network in Poland:

Last edited by The Hammer; 04-30-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• How good is Pianata's chin?

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  How good is Pianata's chin?
                  He's never been down (or even stunned, as far as I know) as an amateur or as a pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    He's never been down (or even stunned, as far as I know) as an amateur or as a pro.
                    I wasn't really overly impressed with what I've seen competition wise though.
                    Steel Hammer's got some power in his right hand and I don't think he's taken anything even close to that.
                    I'm about to watch his fight with Skelton if I find it

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      I wasn't really overly impressed with what I've seen competition wise though.
                      Steel Hammer's got some power in his right hand and I don't think he's taken anything even close to that.
                      I'm about to watch his fight with Skelton if I find it

Comment

Working...
                      X