No announcement yet.

Ignoring the headbutt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring the headbutt

Do we agree Salido was taking Garcia's shot better, getting stronger and getting to Garcia?

I really do felt he had 3 good rounds on the spin and the fight was brewing up really nicely, that is the main reason I was p1ssed about what happened.

Can we have an answer for this without the ''he was knocked down 4 times and wanting to quit so headbutt him''
    Salido was bringing the heat
    55.32%
    No, Garcia was destroying him
    40.43%
    Uncertain/Couldn't see was wearing my Garcia shades
    4.26%

I felt abit cheated on that fight, Salido was definitely warming up and I wanted to see how Garcia takes a punch. Mikey sounds a good kid and hopefully the rematch is made ASAP, the only hurdle would be Garcia's nose recovery (lol) - which would be how long?

Comment

i had them new garcia gucci shades on!!!!!!!!

Comment

He was getting inside more and landed his overhand right a few times if I recall. But there was not one moment during the fight where I felt Garcia was losing control.

Comment

yes , without the kd's , i had the impression it was turning into like the rios vs acosta fight..or the cotto vs margairto 1 fight if you will..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Do we agree Salido was taking Garcia's shot better, getting stronger and getting to Garcia?

I really do felt he had 3 good rounds on the spin and the fight was brewing up really nicely, that is the main reason I was p1ssed about what happened.

Can we have an answer for this without the ''he was knocked down 4 times and wanting to quit so headbutt him''
            I agree with ya man..The fight was finally taking form and Salido was starting to get to Garcia that is the truth...I believe the butt happened on accident(I hated that Kellerman was acting like a real b1tch about the butt as well)and these things happen in the sport of boxing...But I don't blame Garcia for stopping the fight,a broke nose and the way the fight was starting to heat up,it was the smart move...May not be the popular move,but it was smart...

Comment

If the broken nose was due to a LEGAL blow to the face, then I could see how people would be complaining. Mickey got headbutted hard, it made me cringe seeing his crooked nose. I can't see how people just throw out 4 KD's because he couldn't continue due to an ILLEGAL blow. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                If the broken nose was due to a LEGAL blow to the face, then I could see how people would be complaining. Mickey got headbutted hard, it made me cringe seeing his crooked nose. I can't see how people just throw out 4 KD's because he couldn't continue due to an ILLEGAL blow. WTF?
                I don't believe anyone is throwing out the 4 kd,but we've seen fighters continue on from worse then what Garcia had...Not to mention there is a reason why a fight is 12 rds and does not end when you get kd a certain amount of times..Because anything can happen in boxing,and the fight started to change a bit and I believe everyone could see it...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

reasonable point of view, shouldn't be mistaken for you saying that Salido had begun whooping Garcia and was a dead cert to knock Mikey out, but will probably engender some defensive responses all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post

Did you not read the thread title?

Comment

Working...
                    X