Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    you also go try Vanilla Sky or Dark City
    films that question the nature of reality really intrigue me... may i add satoshi kon's paprika and oshii's ghost in the shell to the suggestions made...

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' boxes it's way to a UD against 'The Truman Show' without even breaking a sweat.
    i tend to agree... maybe being written by charlie ****in kaufman has something to do with it...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      films that question the nature of reality really intrigue me... may i add satoshi kon's paprika and oshii's ghost in the shell to the suggestions made...
      since you mentioned Satoshi Kon, i recommend you Paranoia Agent, his only anime series

it tells the story of a juvenile who assaults people using his crooked bat and his victims..how they interconnected with each other

great stuff, one of my fave anime series

Comment

• Just watched a pretty good documentary online...

The Real Goodfella (Henry Hill documentary) 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RoFmHR8S3Y

If you enjoyed the movie Goodfellas...you will probably find this doc interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
          Chocolate (2008)

Thai movie about an autistic girl who learns phenomenal martial arts skills by watching Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa movies. I got to admit when the movie first started it felt kinda goofy and cheesy. But that all changed once star JeeJa Yanin started doing all her amazing action scenes. According to a behind the scenes short on the DVD, JeeJa trained for two years before filming began and continued training for two more years while the movie was being shot. Anyways, she really does look like she's about 15 in this movie (although I think she was in her early 20s, not sure) and although there's a melodramatic storyline that involves forbidden love, ladyboy gangsters and even a rival autistic b-boy, the real strength of the movie is the great fight scenes. All while watching I kept thinking that some of the stunts looked absolutely brutal and sure enough during the credits they show you several of the cast being seriously hurt during production. Give this one a super strong 8.5 out of 10.

Will have to check this one out.

Comment

• cul- de- sac

the world didn't end... what a shame... well, watching an arthouse classic from roman polanski instead was a more meaningful experience anyway...

there isn't any likeable character in this film, all weirdos and the plot while promising, isn't really it's main meat... you have a protagonist who is a wimp, a slutty stupid girl, and a gangster who doesn't really have a very clear motive... at closer inspection though, polanski infuses his film with themes like sexual frustration, isolation, and struggle conforming to social norms...

the thing demands at least a second viewing to truly appreciate... caution: this film aint for dudes who think that the transformers and don't mess with the zohan are the greatest ever...

Comment

• the verdict

paul newman stars as an old, shot, alcoholic lawyer who gets one last shot at redemption, a new lease in life... problem is, society couldn't help him and in order to get that redemption, he has to wage war against his self doubt, a masterful lawyer / adversary, a biased as hell judge, a femme fatale and an influential archdiocese...

there are some similarities here and there with sidney lumet's own 12 angry men but this one is less claustrophobic, the protagonist is more empathic and the film itself has a better moral tone overall...

effin' 10...

Comment

• I just watched The Hobbit and while I think it could have been done in one film, overall, I thought it was brilliant.

It covers the book nearly perfectly in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  the verdict

paul newman stars as an old, shot, alcoholic lawyer who gets one last shot at redemption, a new lease in life... problem is, society couldn't help him and in order to get that redemption, he has to wage war against his self doubt, a masterful lawyer / adversary, a biased as hell judge, a femme fatale and an influential archdiocese...

there are some similarities here and there with sidney lumet's own 12 angry men but this one is less claustrophobic, the protagonist is more empathic and the film itself has a better moral tone overall...

effin' 10...
                  good call, you cannot go wrong with anything penned by David Mamet esp. dialogue

Comment

• End of Watch!!!! Good ass movie!

Comment

• the raid : redemption

anyone already seen this movie?
                      great azn axn (indonesian MA: silat) flick.

go ahead and watch. thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                      X