No announcement yet.

Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mitt Romney Win In 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mitt Romney Win In 2012

Two University of Colorado professors, one from Boulder and one from Denver, have put together an Electoral College forecast model to predict who will win the 2012 presidential election and the result is bad news for Barack Obama. The model points to a Mitt Romney victory in 2012.

Ken Bickers from CU-Boulder and Michael Berry from CU-Denver, the two political science professors who devised the prediction model, say that it has correctly forecast every winner of the electoral race since 1980.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D195989

What do you think is going to happen?

Welp, it's really going to suck for them when Obama wins by near if not out and out landslide.

Comment

does it give you the creeps that "the most powerful man in the world" is a very religious individual in this day and age?

Comment

Doesnt really matter who wins, we're fcuked either way

Comment

It's prediction will not come to pass in November.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            does it give you the creeps that "the most powerful man in the world" is a very religious individual in this day and age?
            I was rather perturbed after hearing Obama proclaim "my salvation depends on the collective salvation," but he seems far more driven by his secular ideology than whatever political one he may or may not have.

As for this election, I think it will be extremely close. Obama had a 2 to 1 fundraising edge over McCain and the economy was tanking. John was telling the same tired old jokes and then picked Palin, who ended up costing him substantially.

Romney has had the fundraising edge for months now. The economy has flatlined. And Biden is running around with both feed surgically implanted into his mouth (recently telling a largely black audience in VA "they gonna put y'all back in chains.") So it will definitely be closer.

But if I had to make a pick, I think Obama will do whatever it takes to stay in power. Hard to bet against a guy who remains likeable among the electorate, despite being an abysmal executive, extremely divisive, a compulsive liar and already having added well over 5 trillion to the National Debt.

So Barry SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              I was rather perturbed after hearing Obama proclaim "my salvation depends on the collective salvation," but he seems far more driven by his secular ideology than whatever political one he may or may not have.

As for this election, I think it will be extremely close. Obama had a 2 to 1 fundraising edge over McCain and the economy was tanking. John was telling the same tired old jokes and then picked Palin, who ended up costing him substantially.

Romney has had the fundraising edge for months now. The economy has flatlined. And Biden is running around with both feed surgically implanted into his mouth (recently telling a largely black audience in VA "they gonna put y'all back in chains.") So it will definitely be closer.

But if I had to make a pick, I think Obama will do whatever it takes to stay in power. Hard to bet against a guy who remains likeable among the electorate, despite being an abysmal executive, extremely divisive, a compulsive liar and already having added well over 5 trillion to the National Debt.

So Barry SD.
              I agree, at the point, Romneys campain is in cluster**** mode. Its raising all this money, but not doing a whole lot of anything advertising wise. Of course thats probably because I am in California, so I only see Obama stuff, as Romney is probably not even going to try and contest the state.

We will see how things shape up when the debates come rolling. Romney is pretty good at debates, and making his opponent come off as a tool.

Comment

It's going to be fun to watch the US devulge into out-and-out fascism under Romney from the outside.

I don't mean "fun" in a good way.

Comment

Isn't Obama like a 1-6 favorite in the English sports books? I'll trust their judgement

Comment

Romney will get sonned in the debates.

Comment

Working...
                    X