Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather net worth 170 mill? Will He be broke soon after boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
    One thing is certain. His PPV sales will go downhill starting from his next fight. Who would want to see another boring win against another underdog? I don't know what he'll do after that. If he starts focusing on promoting fights, then he'll have to invest huge amounts of money as it's not an easy task. But it's really up to him. He could choose to live simply and he'll be okay financially for the rest of his life.
    I think his ppv sales will be fine. He gained a lot more casual fans with the Alvarez win. Even the hardcore haters are starting to change their tune now

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST KING View Post
      Ok it shows he's earned 333 million in fight earnings since 2006(Baldomir)

So he has spent over 160 million dollars in the last 7 years??

I'm not sure how accurate these sources are but if it's true, damn! Folyd dont have much longer to use the name "money"
      Simpy because he has earned 333 million doesn't mean he has pocketed 333 million. Of that 333 million, you can slice off at least one-third for taxes. Then he has to pay adviser, his trainer, his cutman and the rest of his staff. He owns houses in three cities and who know what other property or investments. Ellerbe said recently that Mayweather has numerous investments that have made him financialy stable. Until there is legitimate evidence (not the ramblings of bloggers or the keyboard cowards who post regularly on this site) to the contrary, I will take him at his word.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        according to 50 cent al haymon has floyd on an allowance
        And you believe what a bitter former friend has to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I read the espn article about him and it said that he has to pay everyone around him to hang out with him and laugh at his jokes. It was pretty sad actually

And Floyd spends $200,000 on purses so yea, hes gonna end up broke
          By the time it is all said and done, he will end up making $80 to $100 million for the Alvarez fight. He might end up broke, but I doubt it will be any time soon. Besides, why the hell do you care? I guess you can't criticize and ridicule him for losing, so people like you make up BS lie this so that you will have something to talk about, whether it is true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
            People rejoicing at the thought of another man's downfall is quite frankly, sad.
            I agree, especially when they are rooting for his downfall! If Floyd was on fire, some of the keyboard cowards who post on this site would pour gasoline on him instead of water.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              I'm a financial adviser to high net worth clients, believe me i understand this better than most. Overcoming ones psychology is the key to investing. The market (ASX200) is at 4,000 and you can count on one hand how many clients you can convince to invest excess cash or take out a loan to "gear" into shares, which with our system of franking credits (a tax credit on dvidends) and tax deductions on the interest becomes very tax effective on the top marginal rate.

The market goes up above 5,000, close to 30% up and all of a sudden the clients call you wanting to put more money in.

Having money in the bank, even here in Oz where you can still get an annualised rate of 4.2% is a negative real return proposition after inflation and taxes

Welcome to the world of financial repression.

So, according to you, no one should ever keep money in a bank. They should invest all of their money. Do you think Oprah Winfrey has a few hundred million in the bank or does she invest all of her money in stocks, bonds, etc? What about Warren Buffet? Is his checking account overdrawn every month because he invests all of his billions of dollars in Berkshire-Hathaway? No one on this site has a clue how much money Floyd has, how Floyd invests of spends his money or what percentage of his money is invested or sitting in the bank. And quite frankly, it is no one's business.

If he dies rich or goes broke within a year after he retires, it is no one's business. And, if he was going to take financial advice from anyone, I am damn sure he wouldn't take it from a bunch of clowns posting comments on a boxing message board.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post

"Floyd is a loser and will definitely go broke"

Is that Fat Dan Rafael in that photo?

Comment

he'll be alright. rios-floyd in macau 2014 (rios is going to make a lot of azn fans for himself come the 23rd) for the biggest event in boxing. floyd will get a career high payday and he can live off that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                    you are advocating he choose 50 cent over Al Haymon, who has a MBA from Harvard, regarding money issues? You are of course the same poster who in 3 months has 40% of thier posts about Canelo's d!ck.
                    Where did I advocate he should choose 50 cent over Al Haymon? I don't recall posting that, please remind me where I did that. I don't think I would ever take that position, but of course, you can always imagine I did and then attack something I never said.

I don't even know who you are, but I have heard of you. The infamous mayweather goblin. You're one to talk, as you have mayweather, and apparently Al Haymon, deep in your mind and throat.

Comment

Working...
                    X