Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Robin Reid vs Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you score Robin Reid vs Joe Calzaghe?

I just watched this because many ppl think Reid won

I had the 1st 4rds a wash for slappy all Reid did was hold and foul him.

In rds 5 and 6 Reid came on a bit and landed several clean right hands on Joe so he won those rds.

In rd 7 it was quite but Joe landed some shots here and there while Reid got very little done.

In rd 8 I had Joe clearly winning and Reid rightfully deducted a point for fouls which he did much of but in 9 and 10 Reid was landing all of the clean hard punches and won those in my eyes.

The tricky part for me in scoring was in the 2 final rounds where it was tough to take the rd from either man because in rd 11 both landed hard punches and rocked each other so I scored them even and not much to pick from in 12 also as Reid landed some hard shots but was sloppy and Joe was tagging him with his slappy shoe shine shots.

This left me with a final score of 116-112 for Calzaghe but I could see some having Reid winning with the close rd going to him.

What did you think of the fight?

lol, haven't watched that fight in ages. Don't remember my score, all I remember was having it in Calzaghe's favour. Not a big help here, but take it for what it is

In rather close rounds it usually ends up in C's favour do to his punch output..
    Last edited by Grand Champ; 12-27-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I think I had it 115-113. It was the closest he came to losing.

Comment

I remember scoring it 115-113 for Calzaghe but I don't remember exactly how I got there. It was a pretty flat performance by him. Reid did land some occasional right hands that were pretty solid but he wasn't consistent in his attacks and never really gained any momentum.He did hold and spoil too much for my liking as well.
        I think Salem provided a sterner if not more frustrating test for Joe around that time. He fought with a bad attitude like the guy didn't deserve to be in there with him and ended up getting dropped for his lack of discipline. It was a rough fight and not very entertaining because Joe made a hard night of it for himself which is not to take anything away from Salem but he is a dirty fighter.

Comment

I scored it a close but clear win for Joe 115-113.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I scored it a close but clear win for Joe 115-113.
            Yes that is how I feel close but clear, he did much better than Hopkins did against Joe.

IDK how anyone can justify Hopkins beating Calzaghe.

Comment

i think calzaghe won. look at this great defense. he has his hands up but when reid starts to throw a punch he drops them. masterful.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i think calzaghe won. look at this great defense. he has his hands up but when reid starts to throw a punch he drops them. masterful.
                Let it go man, the guy is a great fighter even if he doesn't have the most outstanding resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Yes that is how I feel close but clear, he did much better than Hopkins did against Joe.

IDK how anyone can justify Hopkins beating Calzaghe.
                  because he clearly outlanded calzaghe in more rounds? how can you justify calzaghe winning? did he land more clean punches? no. did he have better defense? no. did he show effective aggression? omg no. so he won because he missed more? i don't really understand where that fits into scoring a boxing match. is there a secret 5th criteria labeled work rate? why don't you actually follow the rules of judging and then instead of saying how can anyone justify hopkins winning you will say how can anyone justify calzaghe winning when he couldn't hit his opponent. all he did was show a lot of flair but no substance.
                  Last edited by daggum; 12-27-2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    I hate Joe Calzaghe because he was an outstanding white fighter.
                    Anybody who isn't ******ed figured you out long ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X