No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Thompson Aims For Another KO, Eyes Aoh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Thompson Aims For Another KO, Eyes Aoh

WBC Super Featherweight silver champion Sergio "Yeyo" Thompson, who KO'd twenty two of his twenty six opponents, is fighting Argentina's Luis Armando Juarez at Chetumal's International Conventions Center on Saturday.

"Yeyo" (26-2, 22 KO's) has only troubled the judges four times in his explosvie career, which he puts down to his Mayan-British heritage. Juarez who's fought sixteen times, has four KO's to his name, two draws and five losses.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not sold on Thompson yet. His wins don't say as much as his losses and this upcoming fight is almost a sure fix. I saw the Linares fight and Linares looked terrible, Sergio took advantage. His losses to Azeal Gonzales (10 losses) and Rahimav (loser to Ji Hoon Kim) may be more revealing.

Comment

Well, you're going to have to fight him in Japan.

Comment

his wins vs 2nd level/B guys doesn't betray him as who his losses were 2...Aoh is heads above him, doubt he can stay w/the chaamppp...

Comment

I saw neither of his losses but they were a Split & Majority decision.

No big deal. Unless you fine chaps saw the losses & can enlighten me a little.

A loss, especially a close decision loss, is often worth more than a dozen easy wins. It means you can learn what went wrong.

I'm not saying Thompson is the next Salvador Sanchez but writing him off because of his two losses is a little naive, or shallow, or ignorant of boxing history.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            Not sold on Thompson yet. His wins don't say as much as his losses and this upcoming fight is almost a sure fix. I saw the Linares fight and Linares looked terrible, Sergio took advantage. His losses to Azeal Gonzales (10 losses) and Rahimav (loser to Ji Hoon Kim) may be more revealing.
            He can easily be out boxed, but he has a good chin and can punch. Both losses to Gonzalez and Rahimov were close fights, MD and SD losses and probably could have gone either way. And to Azeal Gonzalez's credit he fought Marvin Quintero and Miguel Vazquez in just his 8th and 10th bouts. Thompson also later ko Gonzalez later in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
            X