Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you think if Mayweather takes another superior opponent to Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
    Just because Floyd fights a tougher fighter than Paq fights doesnt mean that Floyd's opponent is better than Paq himself. Get it? I doubt it.
    You're right, and that's not what I was saying. I was saying Mosley > Clottey, and his next opponent more then likely > Marg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I just did the math why it is unreasonable. You are telling me that a 90/10 split for Mayweather when he had 1 fight on PPV and 0 for Cotto is reasonable? 10 million to 1 million... if you think thats reasonable then you are even more idiotic than I thought, and that is assuming the fight did even 350k. Floyds next PPV against Baldomir onlyl did 325k and Cotto first PPV only did 225k. You saying 90/10 isn't an insult to anyone except people with a 1st grade education level.
      All you're doing is assuming, which is why your "math" doesn't mean anything. You don't know how many buys a Mayweather versus Cotto fight would have done in '07 assuming that Mayweather had defeated Margarito in '06. You look silly basing your argument on made up numbers. I'll ask you again, if Arum was able to offer Mayweather $8 million to fight Margarito then how was it outrageous for Mayweather to ask for $10 million to fight guys like Cotto and Hatton assuming that he was going to beat Margarito? Why was Arum offering Mayweather less money($7 million) to fight 2 guys who were more popular and bigger draws than Margarito was? Arum wanted Mayweather to take a pay-cut after his fight with Margarito and that made absolutely no sense. Stop harping on your made up numbers and focus on those simple questions.

Comment

• Ill be happy hes fighting a good opponent but wont think of it as one upping Pacquiao in any way because at the end of the day neither are fighting each other for whatever reason.

Comment

• Pac in less than 2 years at WW have dela hoya, cotto(who duck by floyd), clottey and now margarito (who made floyd run to a temporary retirement).

Floyd in more than half a decade in WW and his best wins is Mosley who beat by cotto.

Floyd's resume at WW is a joke compared to pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
            Just because Floyd fights a tougher fighter than Paq fights doesnt mean that Floyd's opponent is better than Paq himself. Get it? I doubt it.
            Originally posted by Battle Hardened View Post
            You're right, and that's not what I was saying. I was saying Mosley > Clottey, and his next opponent more then likely > Marg.
            Ok, but the fact remains that few top fighters around his weight want to get in the ring with Margarito. The only way Floyds next opponent is greater than Paq's next opponent is for him to face Martinez, Williams, ..... well, that's about it and I dont see him doing it. If he fought one of those, I would respect him. I personally think Floyd vs Martinez would be a great fight and I would love to see it.

Comment

Working...
            X