Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blah! View Post
    i asked "as crafty, slick and fast as floyd mayweather jr."
    so no
    i dont consider him as fast, or as slick, as floyd
    yet you think Sugar shane mosely is the same person as srr?

clearly your opinion of whos similar to who is lacking.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-26-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      yet you think Sugar shane mosely is the same person as ssr?

clearly your opinion of whos similar to who is lacking.
      lol, no, im just saying their styles are very kindred/alike/comparable

Comment

lol, no, im just saying their styles are very kindred
        a few posts ago you swore they were the same person....

Sugar Shane has no where near the power, speed, defense, or skill set that Robinson had.

has floyd ever fought any one like srr? No, and he never will.

Comment

a few posts ago you swore they were the same person....
          it was a metaphor/simile/figure of speech, obviously, lol

Sugar Shane has no where near the power, speed, defense, or skill set that Robinson had.

has floyd ever fought any one like srr? No.
          you might be overrating robinson here friend.
          and ofcourse there are the subtle things that just make robinson the better fighter like his inside game being better

all in all, from my perspective, they seem eerily similar

so if you're asking me if floyd has ever fought someone like srr, in my opinion yes, he has

Comment

it was a metaphor/simile/figure of speech, obviously, lol

you might be overrating robinson here friend.
            and ofcourse there are the subtle things that just make robinson the better fighter like his inside game being better

all in all, from my perspective, they seem eerily similar

so if you're asking me if floyd has ever fought someone like srr, in my opinion yes, he has
            i realize you were making a what ever the one is where you dont use like or as, im not an idiot. Im saying that in the sense you used it is absurd and any credit you might of had for your opinion of who is similar to who went out the window.

overrating? maybe if i was comparing him to some one who wasnt sugar shane mosely, or a prime sugar shane mosely but the mosely floyd fought....in no way am i overrating SRR.

and theres more then just inside game, theres better foot work faster foot work, better right hand guard, better parrying, faster jab sharper jab more accurate jab, better endurance, more power in any single punch, and faster combos with more power in the combos.

i'm done, you can go make your opinions all day, but in my opinion your opinion is worthless.

Comment

i realize you were making a what ever the one is where you dont use like or as, im not an idiot. Im saying that in the sense you used it is absurd and any credit you might of had for your opinion of who is similar to who went out the window.

overrating? maybe if i was comparing him to some one who wasnt sugar shane mosely, or a prime sugar shane mosely but the mosely floyd fought....in no way am i overrating SRR.

and theres more then just inside game, theres better foot work faster foot work, better right hand guard, better parrying, faster jab sharper jab more accurate jab, better endurance, more power in any single punch, and faster combos with more power in the combos.

i'm done, you can go make your opinions all day, but in my opinion your opinion is worthless.
              @ bold, that would be a simile, but the word i was looking for was analogy, just slipped my mind

oh and regarding the whole "in my opinion your opinion is worthless."
              i feel the same about your opinions, to me they are the opinions of a narrow minded, biased individual

and the whole
              robinson's speed > mosley's speed
              robinson's power > mosley's power

these are NOT FACTs friend, and you shouldn't go around harping and crying like a baby when someone disagrees

bye

Comment

@ bold, that would be a simile, but the word i was looking for was analogy, just slipped my mind

oh and regarding the whole "in my opinion your opinion is worthless."
                i feel the same about your opinions, to me they are the opinions of a narrow minded, biased individual

and the whole
                robinson's speed > mosley's speed
                robinson's power > mosley's power

these are NOT FACTs friend, and you shouldn't go around harping and crying like a baby when someone disagrees

bye
                wah wah

watch a 28 yo welter weight mosely vs hoya and then watch and 36 yo past prime middle weight SSR vs basilio and tell me it isnt fact.

watch a 36 yo SRR ko gene fulmer with 1 punch and tell me it isnt fact.

Comment

lol, no, im just saying their styles are very kindred/alike/comparable
                  no they don't compare since SRR is just on a higher level infact you could even say its lubricious to compare them id say that

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    I'll respectfully disagree and leave this debate to others, but before I go....Tommy Hearns would be Floyd's worst nightmare!
                    It's all good.

I just think the "mind-set" of past boxing decades would be the fall of SRR in a fight with Floyd. SRR doesn't avoid contact in the ring, he is fast and powerful but will he retreat and circle around the ring riding on the point spread? Nope. And with that warrior mentality, I think he would lose because Floyd would be more than willing to avoid him.

I agree with Tommy Hearns though. I have been saying that in NSB forever now.

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    all you need to beat floyd is a tucked chin and some semblence of skill. had gatti been a few years younger and kept his chin tucked to the later rounds he probly would have won.

the only thing floyd can do is shell up and land overhand rights. SRR would keep his chin tucked while he out jabs floyd and lands devestating blows while floyd only has his shoulder to protect his chin.

cept SRR would have his left up and his chin tucked more.

SRR would have no poblem timing floyds reactions to his jabs in the shell, and dismanteling it with his right hand and hooks.

lol, no. Floyd doesn't only use the shell. That would be like me saying, "All SRR had was the left hook, if Floyd avoids and times that, SRR gets his ass whooped."

SRR was fast and powerful but he liked to stay in your face with that old school boxing warrior mentality. As soon as Floyd gets up on the cards he would have SRR chase him around the ring the whole fight, pot shotting to a victory.

You can't do that against SRL. He can be in your face ala Hearns or avoid you ala Duran 2.

Comment

wah wah

watch a 28 yo welter weight mosely vs hoya and then watch and 36 yo past prime middle weight SSR vs basilio and tell me it isnt fact.

watch a 36 yo SRR ko gene fulmer with 1 punch and tell me it isnt fact.

SRR is superior to Mosley. However they share the same style. Mosley mirrored SRR's style but just doesn't have the same physical gifts.

Comment

Working...
                      X