Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH-Mayweather Does over 1.4 Million Buys...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out it this way DLH does not need to fight against PBF to pull an exiting event and generate millions of dollars oscar has been in this business longer than floyd, DLH does not need PBF, PBF needs DLH for a mega-fight which he will never earn fighting anyone else, oscar is the draw the is no doubt about that, floyd is looking for the cash now, if he is offered 4-6 mil to fight margarito, cotto, mosley he prob won't take it cuz he think he is the **** why?
    cuz he is making 20m + he is losing his head

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
      If that's true, then DLH would draw a solid 900k+ buys every single fight but that's just not the case...
      Are you serious? De La Hoya could draw 900,000 PPV buys fighting the guy who picks up my trash.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Are you serious? De La Hoya could draw 900,000 PPV buys fighting the guy who picks up my trash.
        Then he should have picked your garbageman over Mosley, since that did less than 600k...

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          Nothing... ALL the drawing POWER is OSCARS to suggest otherwise.. Is delusional..
          thats ridiculous, if that was the case, hed fight B level fighters like Campas (2003) the rest of his career. i think your anti floyd bias is really hitting a severe low with your recent posting activity.

You have to take into account floyd brings in at least 400,000 of these buys based on his last PPV's coupled with major advertising on major black oriented tv/networks/hbo. dont just say floyd does nothing, for black people, hes a huge star with appearences in all kinds of black magazines like ebony/jet/essensce. Hes not some ****in nobody and he does have an extensive community behind him to a great extent.
          Last edited by El Jesus; 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM.

Comment

In my opinion I think Mayweather accounts for 25% to 35%.

Comment

Personally I don't think that De La Hoya is that far out of his prime. Maybe a bit past, but not too much. He did better in his second fight with Mosely, and against Hopkins he was doing a hell of a lot better than Trinidad or Tarver did, he was actually competitive, fighting at a weight class that was too high. In recent years his only really bad performance was against Felix Sturm.

Comment

Floyd Is The Reason There Is Doubt This Fight Will Make 1.4+ Million Ppv Buys, Sad But The P4p 1 Doesnt Draw ****.

Oscar + The Hype That Odlh Is Fighting The Best Fighter P4p Is The Reason This Fight Will Sell, But People Could Care Less Who Floyd Is

Comment

Originally posted by toyboy33 View Post
                  In my opinion I think Mayweather accounts for 25% to 35%.
                  WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA BE REALISTIC BUDDY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                    What does that say for Mayweather as a PPV draw?

Many people think DLH-Mayweather has the chance to top the 1.4 million buys that DLH-Trinidad did and possibly break the all-time record of 2 million buys for Lewis-Tyson.

A lot of people believe DLH is the one bringing in the majority of the buys, which I agree with, but he needs a good dance partner to reach those record breaking numbers. DLH was able to hit 1 million with Hopkins, but he could only do about 900k with Vargas and something like 600k with Mosley, both of whom are considered big attractions in the sport.

So if this fight cracks 1.4 million or more, how much of that is due to Mayweather's drawing power?

Anyone who denies Floyd has drawingn power in PPV numbers is ****ing retarted anyways.
                    3 ppvs, all 3 of them over 330k buys.
                    Hes the 2nd most popular boxer in the world today.

Comment

I wonder if HBO will 'up the ante' on this one from 49.95 to maybe 54.95? Has anyone ordered it yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X