Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM Agreed, PAC Hasn't Signed, Now Is The Perfect Time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    The onus is on Floyd simply b/c general public and everyone in the media is waiting for Floyd to agree to fight Manny. Anytime anyone on ESPN speaks on boxing they mention when will Mayweather step up and fight Pacquiao already. Whether you agree with them or not, the cast of PTI and commentators a like are an accurate reflection of the momentum of this debate. They are talking about Floyd NOT fighting Manny and not about Manny taking Peds. The onus is on Floyd, and using his own personal news website to pick spots and release bits of information is doing nothing to change this.
    There is no onus here. None. We already know what's holding up the fight. So it doesn't matter who reaches out to whom if those terms aren't agreed upon. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by (ROY) View Post
      just take the blood test manny
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
        You keep saying media and you keep citing ESPN, are you saying now it's only ESPN or the media? Because for me, if you say the "media" that means the whole media mainstream and everyone who broadcast, print makes commentaries, reports news, or whatever a media does.

So mind telling me clearly WHO is putting floyd in higher standards, the MEDIA as a whole or only ESPN?
        No, I'm not saying that. I think my post indicates I'm not saying that.

I didn't even bring up the media, I responded to a comment regarding the Media's apparent view on Floyd Mayweather. I'm struggling to why you keep asking me about the media. I'm really not bothered by it. I merely responded to someone who suggested the media do, for specified reasons.

My personal view is the media seem to hold him in a higher standard, I know ESPN do. Before you tell me all I'm talking about is ESPN, no, I don't mean just ESPN..I just know ESPN do. I say this simply because alot of people in the media also take Manny's comments and videos on taking the tests as legit Floyd Mayweather's. That's it. My point being that both are as unlegit as each other.

My orginal statment is merely that he is held to a higher standard by fans, fans in general and fans on this board. To which I specifed in earlier posts.

Why that is you ask? Again, I don't know.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• i'll defend floyd to death...but i'm not a *****...lmao what a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            There is no onus here. None. We already know what's holding up the fight. So it doesn't matter who reaches out to whom if those terms aren't agreed upon. End of story.
            Well in terms of public perception there is a level of importance. The person who ultimately ends up looking more like the coward is the person who the said onus would have last rested on. I don't necessarily agree that's how it should be perceived, but that's the reality. Perception on boxing websites, and among enthusiasts on the other hand is likely a different story.

I think Floyd needs to clear up his legal issues, many of which he could have completely and easily avoided in the first place. Then, Teams Floyd and Manny need to make another honest effort at this. On some level, it seems as if both teams are very content not fighting one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Love the "Manny never tried" angle even better.

Keep it up, Packytard. Are you gonna make one of your "I'm worried about my sweetheart getting hurt" threads before the Marquez fight? Hmm? ****ing clown.

damn....that's some major butthurt in that post Dazed...why you mad? all i did was suggest for Floyd to try harder

"im worried about my sweetheat getting hurt"

sounds like your theme defending Floyd in this thread

i didnt mean to hit a nerve bro...really...i dont know why you're so angry

Comment

• Can you guys leave the personal attacks out of NSB.

Keep it purely boxing.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Nah, sounds like a thread you made. No need for interpretation there huh, Packytard?

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    damn....that's some major butthurt in that post Dazed...why you mad? all i did was suggest for Floyd to try harder

i didnt mean to hit a nerve bro...really...i dont know why you're so angry
                    just take the blood test manny

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                      Well in terms of public perception there is a level of importance. The person who ultimately ends up looking more like the coward is the person who the said onus would have last rested on. I don't necessarily agree that's how it should be perceived, but that's the reality. Perception on boxing websites, and among enthusiasts on the other hand is likely a different story.

I think Floyd needs to clear up his legal issues, many of which he could have completely and easily avoided in the first place. Then, Teams Floyd and Manny need to make another honest effort at this. On some level, it seems as if both teams are very content not fighting one another.
                      I agree, Manny has definitely won the PR war - which is what he set out to do when he dropped the opportunity to fight in the ring and went to court. Regardless, that's irrelevant to facts. PR usually is (see: any war of the past 100 years). The bottom line is that the onus doesn't matter - if terms aren't agreed upon, this fight isn't happening. There is only one hold up. So figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X