This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
    Owen is doing good, how is that reject Chopra doing? is he banging in those goals for you?
    3rd choice behind Daryl Murphy and Kenwyne Jones.

I'm glad that the £12m you parted with for Owen is getting you somewere, is he linking well with £10m Obafemi Martins??? hopefully £6m Alan Smith gets a goal this season, maybe he's not getting the service he from £6m Joey Barton or £5m Damien Duff????

**** knows????

Comment

Oba is a very good player to be fair. A diamond in the rough that is the Newcastle squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        3rd choice behind Daryl Murphy and Kenwyne Jones.

I'm glad that the £12m you parted with for Owen is getting you somewere, is he linking well with £10m Obafemi Martins??? hopefully £6m Alan Smith gets a goal this season, maybe he's not getting the service he from £6m Joey Barton or £5m Damien Duff????

**** knows????
        I'm glad that £9m Gordon is keeping those clean sheets, how many is it now? 4? it's good to see he isn't letting in 7 goals any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
          Oba is a very good player to be fair. A diamond in the rough that is the Newcastle squad.
          He is good and one of my favourites, but he will most likely be sold in the summer to Arsenal. We will make some money of him and the sale of Viduka (most likely back to Middlesbrough for £2m)

Comment

Given Ruled Out For Rest Of Season

27/02/2008 10:08
            Given Ruled Out For Rest Of Season
            Kevin Keegan's tenure at Newcastle went from bad to worse as it was revealed that goalkeeper Shay Given will now miss the rest of the season

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8...468x325mi7.jpg

Newcastle United goalie Shay Given will not play for the club again this season after it was discovered that his troublesome groin injury requires an operation.

The shotstopper limped out of the 4-1 defeat at Aston Villa several weeks ago, and while he started the weekend game against Manchester United he had to be replaced at half-time.

Steve Harper will be called in to deputise with 19-year-old Fraser Forster on the bench for the coming game at home to Blackburn.

Newcastle have not won any of the six games since Kevin Keegan took charge and were hammered 5-1 on Saturday.

Goal.com UK

Comment

watched the Man Utd game last week when i was in Spain, with a load of Man U fans from Wigan, twats, now I'm not allowed in one pub in costa brava for my views on the munich air crash.

Comment

Kev confirms Diatta chance
                Magpies boss confirms Senegal captain at St James' Park

By James Pearson Last updated: 29th February 2008

Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan has confirmed the club are taking a look at Senegal captain Lamine Diatta.

The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer after buying out the remainder of his contract with Turkish outfit Besiktas.

With The Magpies leaky at the back, having conceded nine goals in their last two Premier League games alone, Keegan is keen to strengthen.

Diatta has joined Newcastle on a four-day trial and Keegan has told the former Lyon, Rennes and Marseille stopper he will make a decision on his future next Tuesday.

"We brought in Diatta for four days. It's a chance to have a look at him," he said on Sky Sports News.

"He's captain of Senegal. Obviously a couple of the players know him. We'll have a look. He's a player we can sign.

"We'll make up our minds on Tuesday. That's what I've told him."

Response

Newcastle take on Blackburn this weekend on home soil and Keegan has been pleased with his players' response from their 5-1 drubbing at the hands of Manchester United.

"We thought it might take a bit to pick them up after the Man United game, but by Tuesday they were back up for it," he continued.

"The quality of the training and the attitude of the players has been outstanding. Credit to them.

"Blackburn presents us with our next opportunity. They are tough. They are a well organised team.

"They'll have seen the game and think this is a team we can beat as well, but I think here it's an opportunity for us as well.

"We need to know what it's like to win a game again. The fixtures have been tough, but they've been the same for everyone else as well.

"Because it's at home I'll be expecting a really good all-round performance. I've seen it in training this week."

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...215021,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                  watched the Man Utd game last week when i was in Spain, with a load of Man U fans from Wigan, twats, now I'm not allowed in one pub in costa brava for my views on the munich air crash.
                  Do you think we can beat Blackburn? Given and Emre are both out injured and that's only who I know.

Comment

Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                    Do you think we can beat Blackburn? Given and Emre are both out injured and that's only who I know.
                    im telling you fellas, relegation battle is on for you guys.... you need a win and quick. I think blackburn will turn you over as well

Comment

Originally posted by DURAN_IS_GOD View Post
                      im telling you fellas, relegation battle is on for you guys.... you need a win and quick. I think blackburn will turn you over as well
                      We wont go down when the bottom three are playing so bad. I don't see why many people are saying we are in trouble when we are only 4 points behind Spurs, and people are even saying they could finish 4th.

Comment

Working...
                      X