No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Takes a Pass on Proposal For Arce Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Takes a Pass on Proposal For Arce Bout

Unified junior featherweight champion Nonito Donaire is turning down a proposed Dec. 15 fight with Jorge Arce. According to a reliable source within Team Donaire, the 122-pound king said “the deal was not sufficient for him to sacrifice fighting in the opponent’s territory” of Mexico City.

Following his ninth-round technical knockout of Toshiaki Nishioka two Saturdays ago, Donaire and his promoter Top Rank were in talks to make his next fight with Arce.

[Click Here To Read More]

Props to Donaire; I like Arce and all, but this was a bull**** Top Rank fight.

Comment

turns down the fight & throws a fit all because he would have to fight in mexico?

i thought he said he has no problem with mexico?

Comment

says one thing to the media but does another behind closed doors..........

Comment

What? Sacrifice fighting in the opponent territory? He was going to fight a 33 years old brawler, not exactly a massive opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Unified junior featherweight champion Nonito Donaire is turning down a proposed Dec. 15 fight with Jorge Arce. According to a reliable source within Team Donaire, the 122-pound king said “the deal was not sufficient for him to sacrifice fighting in the opponent’s territory” of Mexico City.

Following his ninth-round technical knockout of Toshiaki Nishioka two Saturdays ago, Donaire and his promoter Top Rank were in talks to make his next fight with Arce.

[Click Here To Read More]
            Rigo hasn't found and opponent fo December 8...make it happen!!!!

Comment

good..

can we get the rigo fight now?

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                turns down the fight & throws a fit all because he would have to fight in mexico?

i thought he said he has no problem with mexico?

Sounds like Arce is the one asking for too much money:

Nonito Donaire Jr. thinks that his long-awaited matchup with Jorge Arce isn't happening because the Mexican camp is asking for a lot of money.

"He's not afraid. He's a veteran. Definitely, it's the money. ," the reigning WBO super-bantamweight champion told yesterday's PSA Forum at Shakey's Malate.

Donaire said he was supposed to fight the stone-faced Mexican when he was still at 112 lb, 115 lb and 118 lb, and now that he's the champion at 122 lb.

"Definitely our fight is not pushing through because they're demanding a lot of money. Well, it's not my decision because I already have a minimum fee. I have a set price.

"But they want more. For them I'm the biggest money out there," said Donaire, who earned at least $750,000 for the Nishioka fight, and should get much more for his next one.

"If they don't give us a definite answer in two weeks I will go the route of resting," said Donaire, who had planned to rest until talks about the Arce fight came up anew.

Comment

good for him, this Arce is a nobody @ 122lb he is "C" fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                    Sounds like Arce is the one asking for too much money:

Nonito Donaire Jr. thinks that his long-awaited matchup with Jorge Arce isn't happening because the Mexican camp is asking for a lot of money.

"He's not afraid. He's a veteran. Definitely, it's the money. ," the reigning WBO super-bantamweight champion told yesterday's PSA Forum at Shakey's Malate.

Donaire said he was supposed to fight the stone-faced Mexican when he was still at 112 lb, 115 lb and 118 lb, and now that he's the champion at 122 lb.

"Definitely our fight is not pushing through because they're demanding a lot of money. Well, it's not my decision because I already have a minimum fee. I have a set price.

"But they want more. For them I'm the biggest money out there," said Donaire, who earned at least $750,000 for the Nishioka fight, and should get much more for his next one.

"If they don't give us a definite answer in two weeks I will go the route of resting," said Donaire, who had planned to rest until talks about the Arce fight came up anew.
                    in this RECENT article a close associate tells a story of donaire not wanting the match up in mexico (thats the real problem) according to this update......

we actually haven't seen what arce was offered so thats nether here or there.............
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 10-23-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X