Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of Surprised by Number of People Picking Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get why it's surprising, it is the toughest fight of Pacquiao's career, you would expect opinions to be split.

Comment

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
      Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably more skilled; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Pacquiao stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...
      Miguel Cotto will completely destroy Manny Pacquiao. It will be way more than a win, it will be a killing. Like a Bulldozer vs a Jeep.

Comment

cotto's not just the bigger stronger fighter.. hes also the more skilled

Comment

Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably more skilled; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Pacquiao stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...
          It's going to be a one sided beat down, Cotto's left handed orthodox style will get eaten alive by Pacquiao.

Mark my words Cotto will not win this.

Comment

Pac UD12....

Comment

Just a lot of smart posters who judge fighters by their body of work and not just their last few fights. The ones picking Pac, a few are real pacman fans, a lot are dumb Cotto haters and most are idiots who got caught up by the hype.

Comment

Pac will win man,im going for Cotto all the way but IMO Cotto has NO chance,its gonna look easy.....again thats just my opinion

Comment

I'm very far from a Pacquiao fan...just calling it like I see it.

I'm a fairly big Cotto fan (which may surprise some Mayweather haters on this board). But just look at the skills the two have. Pacquiao is better at just about everything Cotto is good at. The only real advantage Cotto has is his size. But then look in the corner...Roach will build a great game plan for Pacquiao. Can Cotto's corner build a great game plan for Pacquiao?
                  Ill tell you this much, everyone I asked for straight bets for $150 and up to pick Pacquiao to win all turned me down with this exact excuse, "Well come on man...ya know...like..."

You'd be surprised even on this site how many people "SAY" Pac's gonna win, but they're not so sure. If the idea is that Cotto is a shot fighter hence he'll lose to Pacquiao, that's not saying much for Pacquiao considering this time last year (even after a Margarito loss) people wouldn't bet an Ice Cream sandwich on Pac beating Cotto. But you ask them after the Hatton fight and all of a sudden it's a whole other story. People make it too obvious. Boxers have difficult fights when they face the best, it doesn't mean they're shot. Do your research on some of the best fighters in the sport's history and find me one fighter who never had a difficult fight with a tough opponent. People these days write off fighters too soon and for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Working...
                  X