No announcement yet.

Is Maidana comfortable at WW yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Maidana comfortable at WW yet?

He didn't look so good in there against Alexander... then again he was clinching all night.
    Think he will find his groove here against Karass?
    I don't know... still not convinced of Maidana at WW yet.... kind of thinking Karass will win.... in a very good scrappy fight

I don't think Maidana is a good fighter, period.

Karass can pull a minor upset off tonight IMO

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I don't think Maidana is a good fighter, period.

Karass can pull a minor upset off tonight IMO
      That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure he's gotten better under Garcia's wing..... but don't know how it'll hold up in the ring

Comment

Karass is big & can take one hell of a shot.

I think he can outbox Maidana who for me just isn't a welterweight & I've always really felt he only really has that big overhand right.

Everyone but me is seemingly with Maidana on this one but I think Karass is too big and if he can box a sensible fight he can take it.

I felt he beat Mike Jones in the first fight, he beat Carson Jones & has only really had a problem with big boxers (large 147s & 154s)

Comment

Maidana is what he is, he's a Top 10 fighter at 140 (hasn't proved it at 147 yet), but his style is really beatable obviously. He comes forward throwing bombs, very little ability in terms of "boxing", and looks to over power the other guy. Same thing goes for Rios, Alvarado, and others. It is what it is.

Comment

I'm on Karass too. I don't think Maidana is suited to be a WW and quite possibly will lose this fight tonight by decision.

Comment

ww had nothing to do with the ass whooping he got from Alexander,the fact is he is a slow **** fighter who is overrated on here cause he is exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Larryxxx View Post
                ww had nothing to do with the ass whooping he got from Alexander,the fact is he is a slow **** fighter who is overrated on here cause he is exciting
                Would've lost at JWW since they're not WW's anyways.
                I was just asking if if he's comfortable here now because he's about to fight a guy that's a real welterweight.

Comment

I like Karass in this fight..But this is a toss up tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Would've lost at JWW since they're not WW's anyways.
                    I was just asking if if he's comfortable here now because he's about to fight a guy that's a real welterweight.
                    yea and he's going to lose

Comment

Working...
                    X