Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ali ever hurt in his fight with Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Why don't people even watch the fight they claim to know about? Mate, just go watch the fight. It'll enlighten you and stop you looking like a complete **** the next time you just repeat some BS rumour you saw on the internet somewhere.
    I was shocked when I actually watched that fight. The mainstream press in the UK picked up on the myth about the torn glove buying Ali time and ran with it. I've read articles in the sports pages of respected national newspapers talking about that moment as if there was credence to the story. I was amazed when I watched and saw next to no advantage gained by Ali.

It goes to show how low standards are in boxing journalism these days.

Comment

Like everyone else here, I saw the fight a few times, but not recently.

I remember thinking Ali briefly looked out of it at some point after an uppercut. I think it was round 5 or 6.

Comment

you don't have to look hurt or stagger or take a big shot to be hurt. there were many times he was hurt in the fight but georges punches were more clubbing than anything.

Comment

Everything Foreman threw hurt. Ali was one hell of an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            Sure I heard somewhere that he pissed blood afterwards..?
            That was after a bout with a different George - Chuvalo. During the fight with Foreman, the only "hurt" Ali suffered was severe sore arms from blocking all those haymakers. After the fight however, he had to dive to the canvas to keep from getting hurt by a jubilant mob...

Comment

The whole cooper thing is a myth, I seen the whole fight, listen to the commentary, "looks like clay has a torn glove....oh no it seems to be alright", not to take anything away from cooper, that guy could hit HARD.

But as for foreman, yeah he looked sloppy in the late rounds but he got off some good punches early in the fight, but he was against an atg chin and body so it didn't appear to be bad. Once ali got passed that it was all his, I just can't believe a pro like foreman would spend all his energy hitting nothing, and not pick his shots.

Comment

Working...
              X