Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better skill set Adrien Broner or Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both hugely skilled but i think Nonito just has the edge, plus he combs his own hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Nonito. I am not sold on broner's long range yet. He good close.. And decent mid range.

Nonito has the more comprehensive skillset imo. Just because Broner uses a shoulder roll that doesn't automatically make him as technically sound as Mayweather.
      It goes both ways, Donaire has not shown me that he can fight on the inside. He hasn't faced an opponent that's been strong/ or durable enough to compete with him, I mean it's hard enough that he usually has the size advantage. I'm with you on questioning Broner's game from long range though, his ability to box; fight going backwards, he still hasn't shown me how well he can do that. I think Rios or Matthysse can maybe force him to go that route, but personally I think he can handle them well enough inside.

It's hard to say who's more skilled, Donaire has tested himself against the much stronger opposition and Broner has recently shown more versatility. I might be leaning towards Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        No but really, is it me or is it getting out of hand?
        No it's not just you. Internet forums tend to lend disproportionate weight to recent events. The hype surrounding a fighter peaks the day after he wins, and steadily declines and dissipates thereafter.

Comment

Broner, no question.

Donaire the one punch fighter is only good if you put a certain type of style in front of him. P4P Broner knocks him out easily.

Comment

I hate the equal options from polls when it comes to comparing fighters/ Equal/not sure/draw should only be for fight outcomes and even that is annoying too. It gives people who don't like the fighter they should pick, a chance to not pick him by picking equal.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Broner, no question.

Donaire the one punch fighter is only good if you put a certain type of style in front of him. P4P Broner knocks him out easily.
              His performance against Mathebula is what has me leaning towards Broner, he kept looking for that counter left hook as oppose to cutting the ring off, jabbing his way in and working the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                His performance against Mathebula is what has me leaning towards Broner, he kept looking for that counter left hook as oppose to cutting the ring off, jabbing his way in and working the body.
                That's the only guy I give him credit for fighting this year.

The rest, Vazquez, Nishioka, Arce, whack.

Hopefully Broner at 29 years old will be fighting way better fighters than those. Right now understandably at 23 he's still fighting "step-up" fights. Where all of his fights right now are just a step higher than his last, until he plateaus and is just fighting elite fighters. Donaire is 29-30 and still fighting some bum ass fighters. Pathetic.

Comment

they're both highly skilled, but i think broner's the better physical specimin

Comment

Broner isn't Mayweather!

Comment

old nonito YES but new nonito only looks for one punch.........

people have forgotten that donaire has turned into a one handed power puncher........
                      Last edited by Godsfly; 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X