Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is scoring a round 10-10, the punk way out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotsoup View Post
    i have to rewatch the fight, but giving a round to fighter when neither guy did enough to really take it is wrong and ruins the scoring. I don't even score a whole lot of even rounds, but sometimes it is definetly counterproductive and wrong not to use them imo.
    Check the trading block in here, those guys usually have good replays.

To me there are many instances, where people use it and just like you said it's counterproductive, Teddy Atlas does it all the time and I hate it, but that's just me.

Comment

I think in fights like this show it can be necessary.

You can draw a fight so why can't you draw a round.

If you scored a few of the rounds a draw, and just 10-9's where it was clearer, I think we'd have slightly sounder score cards. Not the wild differences that we see, especially with these two.

You can find yourself giving a generous 10-9 to one guy and then again and again causing a bigger margin than warranted. Similarly another judge may try to be generous back to another guy in another round, it's messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
        I think in fights like this show it can be necessary.

You can draw a fight so why can't you draw a round.

If you scored a few of the rounds a draw, and just 10-9's where it was clearer, I think we'd have slightly sounder score cards. Not the wild differences that we see, especially with these two.

You can find yourself giving a generous 10-9 to one guy and then again and again causing a bigger margin than warranted. Similarly another judge may try to be generous back to another guy in another round, it's messed up.
        Because there are 12 rounds in a fight and you can score 6 rounds to each fighter.

Someone always does slightly more in a single round. Even if they land the same amount of punches, one of them will have landed harder or more significant ones.

Comment

Score it 10 10 or give it to manny. Tonight, they gave it to manny. That's why more 10 10s should be encouraged. Good work boxing

Comment

I agree 10-10 rounds are a little weird, but in that defense, i feel if you cant decide who won that round in less then 10 seconds, no fighter did enough to claim it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Because there are 12 rounds in a fight and you can score 6 rounds to each fighter.

Someone always does slightly more in a single round. Even if they land the same amount of punches, one of them will have landed harder or more significant ones.
              Pretty damn rare it'd be 6-6 though. But yeah true, it should be discouraged. It's rare it's needed but applied to a fight like this I think it more safely guards against wide margins when really its close.

When when some rounds really are so close in fights like this, the swing rounds just carry too much of an impact, especially in the hands of judges whom might just very slightly be overly biased towards say, more aggression.

To get 115-110 going both directions just shouldn't be happening, or be so easy to happen. The odd drawn round would avoid that more and still likely have a winner by a round or 2.

Comment

Are there any rules to stop a judge from giving a 10-10 round? I rarely ever see one come up on big U.S. cards.

Comment

Just hate it when I'm at a point where I'm watching the same round for the 5th time and can't pick a winner for that round. I got into that situation alot with Moreno vs. Cermeno. You need even rounds.

Comment

I don't score even rounds unless neither guy lands anything worth noting, and that only happens in the worst fights. If punches were landing, someone won the round.

Comment

i almost never score a round 10-10.

Don't think its for ******* tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X