Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gomez: I'll Teach Canelo How a Real Mexican Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gomez: I'll Teach Canelo How a Real Mexican Fights!

Veteran Alfonso Gomez (24-4-2, 12 KOs) has promised to punish WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (37-0-1, 27 KOs) on September 17th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Gomez plans to press the action and test Alvarez's worth as a fighter. He wants to show his Mexican roots to the rising star.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yo Alfonso, shut the **** up, *****.

Comment

You mean the same mexican that was stopped by Cotto? That real mexican?

Comment

I can only see a brutal beat down in this fight and it won't be by the hands of Gomez. It will be dished out by that OTHER Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          That comment is just a low-blow. Cotto is a future hof'er, no reason to bash someone for losing to Cotto.

Comment

How is he gonna teach Canelo if Gomez himself doesn't know how to fight like a real Mexican...

Comment

this fight is another farce. gimme all the way for saul. combinations too cracking and crisp. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I will admit this, this version of Gomez is much better than the one that Cotto faced. His boxing has gotten much better and he is fighting at a better weight for him.

Saying that, I still think Canelo KO's him because Gomez is going to stand and trade with him and it's not going to end up good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  I will admit this, this version of Gomez is much better than the one that Cotto faced. His boxing has gotten much better and he is fighting at a better weight for him.

Saying that, I still think Canelo KO's him because Gomez is going to stand and trade with him and it's not going to end up good.
                  I think it would be an idiotic move if Gomez wants to trade with Alvarez unless he knows something we don't know like he thinks he can KO Alvarez.

Comment

gomez is not a cupcake

i think goldenboy is doing a great job bringing canelo along

they're looking past the current starpower to make sure that he's brought along correctly in terms of the development of a professional boxer.

he's very young
                    i do not care how much money he could draw against a big opponent now
                    he'll draw even more against them later

and maybe if you bring him along right he wont get his head caved in before he gets there

seriously guys... canelo is 21 years old
                    he's only just becoming a man. he needs to mature physically and learn a bit more. he's not ready to face a huge puncher yet. he's just not there. he doesn't get out of the way instinctively, he's got too much offense on the mind

and he doesn't have a consistent jab yet
                    a guy like sergio mora would give him a handful at this stage. maybe even beat him (but you know they'd job a mute fighter like mora with no pop who runs)
                    and if you let him develop, he's almost garanteed to stop a guy like mora later on in his career if he develops a jab

Comment

Working...
                    X