No announcement yet.

Need a bulk up, some tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bulk up, some tips?

im about 5,7 135lbs but i wanna bulk up abit. Im looking to put abit of mass on, what's the best way to go about it? Is it worth taking any of those protein shakes, weight gainers etc? does that **** actually work?

Im generally quite a small build person and it's hard for me to put weight on because i have a fast metabolism! I can eat alot but still i find it hard to put on any weight! What's the best way to go about it? Im looking to put atleast a stone on!

Any tips would be much appreciated

Casual.

idk why people keep asking how to bulk up on this forum. first of it has nothing to do with boxing, second its pretty much common knowlege u need to increase your carb intake, and finally and most importantly theres like 1200 threads just like this already..

eat lots of carbs, you need protein too obviously and a shake isnt a bad way to get it. but carbs is the main thing.

Comment

i find when i do more weight at the gym so i am doing 6 reps instead of 12 , helps for muscle mass. or even less reps but i am no trainer. i like protein powder. Its good to have protein whether its powder or not, after workouts and its also good to have it like 30 mins before a workout. It helps your muscles build and recover. My brother did creatine a couple years back for like 4 months and he was the most jacked he has ever been. he would normally be like 155-160, he was up around 170, and alot of people say that would just be water weight but i thought his mass was very noticeable. He didnt like taking it though. but i think protein is always good.

Comment

yeah i agree with the guy above though, if you are into boxing at all, bulking up is a negative, stay lean and work to getting cut.

Comment

Compound exercises (squats, rows, presses etc). Starting out try 5x5 sets/reps - look up rippetoes starting strength programme.

Boost your calorie and protein intake, I highly recommend nuts of all varieties and a protein supplement.

also, increase your water intake and start taking a multivitamin.

Comment

Rosstraining
            Hardcore Training
            An Experiment In Mass-building And Athletic Performance
            http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html

Comment

Eat More Food.

Seriously that's really all there is to bulking up. Just increasing your calories

Comment

Want bulk? Heavy weights, creatine and lots of good food

Comment

Weight gainer alot .INCREASE YOUR CALORIE INTAKE ,LETS SAY 2500-3000 CALS A DAY.ITS WHAT NELLY DID.HE WAS SKINNY NOW HE'S LIKE 220.
                  Last edited by SOPH~ REP.; 11-30-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X