No announcement yet.

Gassed out? Floyds Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gassed out? Floyds Strategy

I am making this thread based on a conversation I had with my brother. What exactly is floyd doing in the ring that is overworking his opponents? We didnt get a chance to see it with ortiz but with mosley, dlh( i know he has a history of this), hatton, and in some places marquez each looked like an overworked mule towards the end of the fight despite many of them not having problems with prior fights. Mosley is the most blatant example.
    Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 12-08-2011, 02:52 PM.

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
    I am making this thread based on a conversation I had with my brother. What exactly is floyd doing in the ring that is overworking his opponents. We didnt get a chance to see it with ortiz but with mosley, dlh( i know he has a history of this), hatton, and in some places marquez each looked like an overworked mule towards the end of the fight despite many of them not having problems with prior fights. Mosley is the most blatent example.
    Yea he a 8 round fighter he takes off the frist 4rnds

Comment

Missing takes a lot of energy.

Comment

When add it all together in total it makes sense. PBF puts a lot of mental pressure on them because they worrying about counters and missing. They are constantly having to think for every second of every round. Then you add missing punches and that takes so much of a fighter. Then getting countered with peferctly places shots all of that adds up. So when you add the mental along with the physical I can see how fightes wear down against PBF cause they can't fight relaxed against him.

Comment

he bores them to death with his boring running style !!!! and he also breaks down the body !!!!! ortiz with his already closing eye was well on his way to being "gassed" out too because the punishment by the 3rd round was accumilating !!!!! too bad floyd the easy way out and cheated the hard working fans by sucker punching ortiz !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
            he bores them to death with his boring running style !!!! and he also breaks down the body !!!!! ortiz with his already closing eye was well on his way to being "gassed" out too because the punishment by the 3rd round was accumilating !!!!! too bad floyd the easy way out and cheated the hard working fans by sucker punching ortiz !!!!!
            wow have you been this salty all this time? its ok man, everyone knows floyd is better than your man. the sooner you accept it the sooner you can have an enjoyable life

Comment

Elbow to the neck

Comment

The first few rounds (it was 2 against Ortiz, 2 against Mosley, 4 against Judah, 3 against Hatton, etc) he feels you out. See's what you can do, and what you can't do, and vice-versa.

But, Floyd's defense is so phenominal, even when he's just getting a feel for the fight the first couple rounds, he can win them on countering and tight defense alone. So, by the time the 3rd, 4th, or 5th rounds come around, he's already got you figured, and you're at the very best tied on the scorecards. Then, he takes over from there.

Now days, Floyd breaks his opponents down, and walks them down. Floyd is not a big puncher, but when he's walking you down, it's enough to get you out of your rhythm,a nd he possesses enough of a punch to keep you backing up, see Ortiz for 75-80% of their fight. Victor is one of the most explsoive offesnive punchers in all boxing today, and Floyd COMPLETELY neutralized his offensive game, by effective countering, walking him down, and yes...holding once Ortiz got momentum.

Comment

Hatton wasted a lot of energy chasing him.

Marquez never looked that winded to me.

Oscar was old.

Mosley is a mystery. Maybe he was just that old, but he winded after that second round and never recovered. I'm still surprised Mayweather never stepped on the gas and stopped him, Mosley was dead on his feet most of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                    Anyone with boxing knowledge, so that automatically excludes you, knows that you waste more energy missing a punch than actually landing one. and floyd made them miss a lot of punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X