Pro license medical

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro license medical

Hey everyone,

I want to become a professional boxer in a few years, I'm 17 and I'm in an amateur boxing club. What kind of things do they do during the medical to get your professional license? the only medical problem I got a is a mild lower back scoliosis. Had a medical check up before and decided to get it xrayed because I was anxious it would affect my boxing license, the doctor said it is nothing bad just a mild scoliosis and it does not need treatment and it that there is nothing wrong with my spine, just a bit curved in the lumbar region. Will this stop me from getting my pro license in the future? or do they focus more on stuff like the brain or heart/lungs. I live in the UK by the way.

Thank you everyone.

We have a member on this forum who lives in the UK and he traines and works with amateurs and pros. Contact him and he will set you straight on what you need to supply for your exam. His avatar here is
    "The Authority" very nice fellow with good experience.
    Ray

Comment

Thank you, I'm new to this site just trying to figure out how to find other profiles. Also do you have any idea about my thread?

Comment

Not sure how to find him directly but he will be on plenty of threads in the "trainers" forum.
        You would be able to click his name and then send him a "pm" (private message)
        As for UK rules I have no idea, I live in the USA and here the rules are different from state to state!
        Ray.

Comment

How is your amateur career at the moment? I strongly recommend to get a decent amateur career first before jumping in the pro's.

Comment

Blood tests, brain x rays and eye tests

Comment

Thanks everyone, so with the eyes tests if i wear contact lenses can will that affect me? (-2.25 on each eye) I seen some boxers with glasses e.g maidana

Comment

With eye tests it really depends. Some boxers are allowed to wear contacts. I'm slightly short sighted but only for long distances so I can see everything in the ring. I don't really know how they do the medical

Comment

Check your PM's J.Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
                    Check your PM's J.Mac.
                    Thanks got your PM anyone know anything about the eye test? will my eyesight matter?

Comment

Working...
                    X