Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dubstep has peaked, been over saturated and milked. Trap is taking over.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubstep has peaked, been over saturated and milked. Trap is taking over.

What's happening to dubstep can't really happen to "Trap" since it was taken from an already mainstream style of rap music which is also called "Trap".

Sorry, but are you trying to say Dubstep came from Trap, or trap came from trap?

Comment

If that's what 'trap' is, it's not taking over anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
        Sorry, but are you trying to say Dubstep came from Trap, or trap came from trap?
        No, Trap came from "TRAP" music. Mostly southern rap stuff like Young Jeezy, Ross, Gucci Mane. The genre was created to mimic the same drum patterns and sounds such as the 808 subs, claps, snare rolls but with a electronic music twist.

The thing with dubstep is that it's gone so mainstream, it's become watered down. It's almost a joke now. I mean, Justin Beiber's new album is full of dubstep based beats. A lot of artists which started out as dubstep producers are now incorporating more and more trap in their sets.

Comment

If this is the next big thing, then it too will get mainstream-ized, as more Hip-Hop artists starts using it.

Also, as a white male hanging out at white establishments, clubs, parties where people are mostly white - I can say that they're more likely to stick to Dubstep.

This "trap" seems like an alternative for a minority club/party. I don't imagine this playing at some white ravers club.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            No, Trap came from "TRAP" music. Mostly southern rap stuff like Young Jeezy, Ross, Gucci Mane. The genre was created to mimic the same drum patterns and sounds such as the 808 subs, claps, snare rolls but with a electronic music twist.

The thing with dubstep is that it's gone so mainstream, it's become watered down. It's almost a joke now. I mean, Justin Beiber's new album is full of dubstep based beats. A lot of artists which started out as dubstep producers are now incorporating more and more trap in their sets.
            This thread needs a late pass lol.. Trap music has been the "standard sound" for a while now, so much so that its played out. Even Yeezy on it.

And also, dubstep mimicked other forms of house music like drum'n'bass, not really trap.

Comment

Wow, that stuff is terrible. Even bad dubstep at least has a redeeming quality, it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post

mY FRIEND who is a dj read this and agreed. she also was talking about post-dub step.

and gave me some examples.

she also said there are some bad trap remixes floating out there these days.

Comment

Trap.......more like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                    If this is the next big thing, then it too will get mainstream-ized, as more Hip-Hop artists starts using it.

Also, as a white male hanging out at white establishments, clubs, parties where people are mostly white - I can say that they're more likely to stick to Dubstep.

This "trap" seems like an alternative for a minority club/party. I don't imagine this playing at some white ravers club.
                    That can't happen since this genre CAME from mainstream rap music. It's taken from a mainstream sound that rappers have been using for the past 5-6 years.

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                    This thread needs a late pass lol.. Trap music has been the "standard sound" for a while now, so much so that its played out. Even Yeezy on it.

And also, dubstep mimicked other forms of house music like drum'n'bass, not really trap.
                    Never said trap came from dubstep.

Comment

Working...
                    X