Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Talks Trout, Mayweather II, Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Talks Trout, Mayweather II, Pacquiao, More

Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) is focusing on becoming a world champion for the fifth time on December 1 when the Puerto Rican fighting legend tackles WBA title holder Austin Trout for his old belt at Madison Square Garden in New York.

The 31 year-old, who gave Floyd Mayweather something to think about in his last fight in May, was rumoured to be close to a rematch with Manny Pacquiao for the date, but told WBN that reports the fight was in deep negotiation were wide of the mark.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cotto is a straight shooter and doesnt mince words

Comment

Damn, Cotto is only 31. I was under the impression he was 33 or 34 =/.

Comment

Have nothing but respect for cotto

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Damn, Cotto is only 31. I was under the impression he was 33 or 34 =/.
          He's taken so much damage over the years, his body is probably like 38. I doubt he fights for two more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            He's taken so much damage over the years, his body is probably like 38. I doubt he fights for two more years.
            If he beats Trout Convincingly then i say he has 4 more years in him. 4 more very good years he could build that resume. He boxes a lot more at 154 and if he could just keep his body inshape, not over do it, and not stand toe to toe with these bigger guys then he should be okay fitness wise. Now if old cotto comes back and he tries mixing it up to much, pressuring and getting hit to hit them, then yea 2 more years.

Comment

Props to Cotto again for taking the Trout fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                Yea, I hear that. Pretty sad cause this guy will fight anybody.
                Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                If he beats Trout Convincingly then i say he has 4 more years in him. 4 more very good years he could build that resume. He boxes a lot more at 154 and if he could just keep his body inshape, not over do it, and not stand toe to toe with these bigger guys then he should be okay fitness wise. Now if old cotto comes back and he tries mixing it up to much, pressuring and getting hit to hit them, then yea 2 more years.
                Thing with Trout is, he might be bigger but I don't think he hits as hard so slugging it out here and there vs Trout might not be a bad thing. When Rodriguez decided to lead vs Trout he had some kind of success so Cotto might wanna make it a rough fight.

Comment

If you dont like Cotto. Im willing to bet you are Mexican. Cotto is a beast and will fight anyone. Im liking his move up to 154.

Comment

Cotto is a G. But choosing Trout although ballzy, is gonna cost him. However if anyone is going to usher in a new star, might as well be Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X