Sugar Ray Leonard : I coulda beat Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
    I just read the thread again......and it has 0 to do with Floyd
    periphery, was responding to other posts mentioning May n him, relax. I think Jr.'s alright... he's not beating Ray though.

Comment

Originally posted by tranquilo View Post
      stopped reading at "Moreelles"
      I see your cartoon knows what a typo is , are you a 6yr old ?

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        What? SRL fought at catchweights too .... so did your hero Floyd.

Sure, when Manny just jumped up several divisions and fought at WW, a catchweight was not something unexpected to ask for .... most people would understand (hint hint). When Manny fought Oscar and even against Cotto, people thought that Manny didn't belong at WW .... and team Manny was trying to figure that out as well.

That said, Manny has gone up as far as 150, so why would 147 be a problem for Manny after fighting there for several years?
        Manny drains them down , you dont understand what that means do you ?

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
          Sugar ray was a big welter. Ontop of that he had speed and power with great skill. Would pick him to beat pretty much all welters of today. To be fair most of the top welters of today are guys who have come up in weight to fight there. Its kinda like if Floyd or Manny were to retire....watch a guy like Donaire move up to 130lbs and have success then comment on how they would beat him at that weight.
          Leonard was one of the best welterweights of all time, probably second only to that other "Sugar" (and I don't mean Mosley). He would be king at 147 today.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Best WW today what a giant load of horse shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit , dude cant beat LWs - Jnr Welters and he cant beat WWs without CWs , the WW resume is full of scams , Ped allegations while refusing tests , cherry picking and ducking . he is a WW hype job , notice I said WW dont give the crap about Morelles and Barrera , Im more interested in CWs and fighters forced to use diuretics to make them .

And Leonard would destroy Manny , fkn destroy him at WW , Ray is every bit as good as Floyd and maybe better and is bigger than Floyd , against Manny its a blowout .
            calm down bro it's just boxing

also red k for disrespecting Morales

Comment

Ray Leonard would have humiliated Pacquiao...stick and move, shoulder shake, and Ali Shuffled all around Pacquiao

Comment

Leonard would have won and he would have beat Mayweather too @ 147

Comment

Before all the flomos jump in to back SRL, this is what Sugar Ray re-tweeted yesterday:

Difference between @SUGARRAYLEONARD & @FloydMayweather - Ray fought ALL his all time great contemporaries, side-stepped nobody #boxing

Comment

I think Sugar Ray Leonard is overrated in the sense that people act as though he was the shining star of the fabulous four when I actually place Duran, Hearns and Hagler ahead of him.

Really speaking the man was a whisker away from being like De La Hoya. I felt Hagler beat him, I felt Hearns beat him in their second fight and when Duran was at the top of his game he lost.

Comment

total mismatch, Leonard has way more skills, way faster, and is the naturally bigger man

Comment

Working...
                      X