Collapse
No announcement yet.

How underrated is chris byrd??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember watching Byrds debut fight i may be wrong it was at the blue horizion and at mw i thought this kid will hold the mw belts for ten years boy was i wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      I remember watching Byrds debut fight i may be wrong it was at the blue horizion and at mw i thought this kid will hold the mw belts for ten years boy was i wrong.
      It was probably struggling to make the weight that cost byrd the olympic gold! He was destined to fight at the bigger weights..

Byrd vs toney around 03/4 would have been interesting! I really think lewis should have given chris a shot too...he earned one! It was a natural fight to make around the early 00's a bit like povetkin vs wlad is now.

Comment

Bryd gets overlooked unfortunatly, but he had superb boxing skills thats for sure, imagine if he was a few inches bigger, whoooooo he'd be a nightmare for anyone, past or present.

Comment

bumping...

Comment

Byrd's biggest and best win was against Tua, IMO. Against Golota he was spending too much time on the ropes and even though Golota missed a large margin of punches he was still the aggressor. I had Golota winning, though the fight was close. Golota is a big guy, much bigger than Byrd, so I can understand how Byrd felt pressured to back up on the ropes and corners.

As far as punching power. I never felt that Byrd hurt Golota. The two times Golota seemed hurt was due to being unbalanced. He didn't really hurt Tua either and Tua seemed more to struggle with fatigue rather than Byrd's power.

Comment

Working...
            X