Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it harder for white east european fighters to get respected from American fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see them fight enough. I guess you can blame that on my laziness in looking for their fights, but if you're not familiar with it, it's hard to root for it.

Comment

Denis Lebedev(he got robbed last time), Frenkell and Ismayl Sillakh are also excellent fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
        I don't see them fight enough. I guess you can blame that on my laziness in looking for their fights, but if you're not familiar with it, it's hard to root for it.
        I cant blame HBO for not wanting to show east european fighters after what Wlad did to them in the Ibragimov fight. I hope they change their opinions on east euro fighters soon

Comment

Don't feed the troll.

2Fast is a pathetic Klitschko hater who has been banned 100 times, just look at his thread/post history, the guy is a ******ed troll who belongs in a mental institution.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
            I believe it is. Great fighters like Boystov, Povetkin, Adamek ... dont get the respect they deserve because American fans associate them with the Klitschko brothers.

Believe me guys most East European fighters are real warriors. Only a handfull are ******* like the K bros. Just give those young upcoming east europeans boxers a chance and they wont dissapoint you.
            Adamek has a massive fan base in the Polish-American community in the States.As for Povetkin...he lost a lot of his own European's respect by bailing from a Klitschko fight when he was the mandatory.So where is the unwarranted disrespect?

All in all,the Europeans get respect if they are entertaining and skilled.People like Sylvester, Stieglitz, Sturm, Huck, etc all want to cherry-pick and/or hide in Germany (I know Germany isn't Eastern Europe that you are mentioning) with their crooked refs so I doubt these guys get much respect.

Comment

It has to do with them being boring stop bringing up all the race ****. I'm a fan of pirog and Adamek. But all of them are just boring to watch

Comment

The Klitschkos are not boring.

Wlad and Vitali are the two most dominant fighters of all time.

Wlad has 49 KOs in 55 wins.

Vitali has 38 KOs in 41 wins.

The Klitschkos produce dominant beatdowns, destructions, massacres and highlight reel knockouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2011 View Post
                  The Klitschkos are not boring.

Wlad and Vitali are the two most dominant fighters of all time.

Wlad has 49 KOs in 55 wins.

Vitali has 38 KOs in 41 wins.

The Klitschkos produce dominant beatdowns, destructions, massacres and highlight reel knockouts.
                  Even their knockouts are boring. I think it just has to do with the competition pool at HW.

I want to see all Adameks fights tho. I think the lack of respect from Americans makes european fans more defensive of their guys and in turn makes yall more likely to label your average guys as elite. By the same token its only a few elites from any region including the US. Americans **** on their own fighters just as much.

Comment

It has to do with a lot of factors.

First: Networks can be iffy about showing the Easter guys unless they have a balls-to-the-wall style. Showing Blacks and Latinos isn't going to hurt the (small) white fanbase too much: There are hardly any white Americans boxing at all, so the white fans that watch boxing will watch whoever. The networks are worried about losing the black and latino bases if they show too many European guys who have virtually no ethnic or national fanbase to support them in America.

Adamek has found a perfect niche. The same way people of Irish-American descent loved Ward and Italian-American loved Gatti, Polish-Americans come out in support of Adamek. He draws the crowds, and on TV he has a style that has fans everywhere taking notice.

Guys back in the old Eastern Block or anywhere don't become stars in America unless they fight in America.

Look at Pacman, Sergio Martinez, and the Klitschkos. They all earned their respect from American fans by coming to America to fight. America was long considered the mecca of boxing where the hardest fighters came. It is debatable if that is still true, but Eastern guys can't just sit in Europe and be annoyed they no respect from fans in countries they've never been to.

Look at David Haye; he's a mega-star in Europe, but no one outside of Boxingscene posters even know his name in America.
                    Last edited by paulf; 03-01-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I think it generally is yes,for all euopeans in general

Comment

Working...
                      X