No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma Admits Career Could Be Over if Ponce Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma Admits Career Could Be Over if Ponce Wins

Former two-division champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez will attempt to bounce back from his June knockout defeat to Mikey Garcia when he faces Daniel Ponce De Leon on March 15th in a rematch of their 2008 fight that Lopez won by first round knockout.

Garcia wasn't able to make weight for that fight which took place in Dallas, Texas and was televised by HBO. After not making weight at the weigh in, Garcia opted to give a portion of his purse to Lopez and didn't attempt to drop the addition two pounds. Lopez wouldn't use the weight disadvantage as an excuse as to why he lost the fight but he does feel that it had an effect on the outcome.
    [Click Here To Read More]

His career was over since Rogers Mtagwa.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
      lol not the only one thinking that

Comment

I am hopeful Ponce beats the crap out of him. Actually, I'm lying. I really hope they let Deontay Wilder fight for Ponce and he hits JuanMa repeatedly with the right hand.

Comment

Sucks for Juanma if he loses. Then arguably his most impressive career win vs Ponce, another top guy at the time, who had momentum in his prime, gets nullified out with a loss to that same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
            He went on to beat Luevano, Concepcion and Rafa so I would say no. Salido ended him in their second fight. Mtagwa did damage though. I agree with Juanma about Mikey not making weight. That was a ***** move. Juanma was at 130 and they made him come down to 126 for nothing because Mikey didn't make the weight after his team demanded it be at FW. If Lopez loses and I think he hangs it up. He's not going to lose a decision, this fight ends by KO.

Comment

Juanma looks like diddy kong

Comment

Ponce is the more fresher of the 2 at this point,so i expect it to be a dominating performance this time around for ponce,and get sum get back on the faded lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I am hopeful Ponce beats the crap out of him. Actually, I'm lying. I really hope they let Deontay Wilder fight for Ponce and he hits JuanMa repeatedly with the right hand.
                  He would die from a jab lol

Comment

This makes me sad lol. Nah but for real... I'm a big Juanma supporter. I'll be there live for the Garcia card... rooting for Juanma all the way!!

Comment

Working...
                    X