Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Pacquiao vs Mayweather Night Showcase Elite Level Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should The Pacquiao vs Mayweather Night Showcase Elite Level Boxing?

It's long overdue. A night of boxing where nearly every single fight is between elite or even P4P fighters. Should it happen on the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight? With the number of people tuning in, it would be the perfect night to showcase and advertise elite level boxing to the world. There could be at least 3 fights between P4P or elite boxers.

example:
    Pacquiao vs Mayweather
    Hopkins vs Dawson (Or Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jnr II?)
    Cotto vs Mosley II
    Yes. There should be a number of elite level fights on the night.
    86.36%
    No. It should follow the usual format with an average undercard.
    13.64%

The undercard really doesn't matter. Most people are just watching the one fight. It would be nice to have a good undercard, but there's no need for Arum and GBP to waste any money on the undercard.

Comment

I voted yes, but i see no reason why they would stack the undercard..

If we had a couple guys like Berto vs Mosley on PPV.. Then I would really think about putting another couple of well known guys against each other.

Comment

Comment

Nah they'll never do it. They'll probably put a bunch of prospects beating up journeymen on it to get their name out there.

Fights like Roy Jones Jnr v Bernard Hopkins II can make profit as headliners so it doesn't make financial sense to put them on an undercard with no promotion or purpose other than to warm us up for the main event.

Comment

I voted yes but it doesn't necessarily mean Dawson vs B-hop or adamek..

But I would enjoy seeing James Kirkland if he can make 160 or so when he gets out in March.. or have Valero on the undercard(strong possibility since Texas is like the only state that allows him to fight) fight a Katsidis/marquez/diaz/casamayor...

Should be enough money from the headliner to put solid fight on the card..To be honest the Pac-Cotto card wasn't so bad except for the chavez jr fight

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
              It's long overdue. A night of boxing where nearly every single fight is between elite or even P4P fighters. Should it happen on the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight? With the number of people tuning in, it would be the perfect night to showcase and advertise elite level boxing to the world. There could be at least 3 fights between P4P or elite boxers.

example:
              Pacquiao vs Mayweather
              Hopkins vs Dawson (Or Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jnr II?)
              Cotto vs Mosley II
              who the **** will vote no for better undercards?

are we gonna get them? probably not.

Comment

Cotto VS Mosley II is a main event, Hopkins vs Dawson too. Those fights would sell ppv, especially the first one. If we have JCC.Jr vs John Duddy, Maidana VS Mayorga and a Gamboa fight against some B level fighter, that's already a good card to me.

Comment

Ideally yes it would be great.

Realistically it wouldn't happen. The fight on it's own will sell without the undercard, you'd lose money having people who can sell a main event fighting on an undercard.

It's a shame really. Though the saying ''Too many cooks spoils the broth'' could ring true.

Comment

Not elite as in Hopkins, or Cotto.

ut they can match Soto-Valero, Juanma vs Vazquez, ect,ect,ect!!!!!!

Everybody will be watching this fight so if they want to showcase other fighters and boxing itself they should put compeling matchups like, no Chavez jr type undercard!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X