No announcement yet.

How to deal with bad decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with bad decisions

Could we the boxing fans not stand up against this and for instance tonight declare Usmanee the winner? Have websights like Boxrec not accept the corruption of boxing and put Usmanee as the winner of this fight? Websights like ESPN could not even mention the fact that Barthelemy won the fight technically, but just state that Usmanee won. I think if enough people joined in we could "overthrow" these terrible decisions. At some point someone has to stand up to this and do more than complain.

it's what they should do but it'll never happen.

Comment

I mean I could see controversial decisions as being hard to overthrow but this was straight up robbery. So far I have not seen one person think Usmanee lost the fight, except the judges.

Comment

its part of the sport, theres one other fight i belive it was campillo vs cloud that was a robbery too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevbutler View Post
          I mean I could see controversial decisions as being hard to overthrow but this was straight up robbery. So far I have not seen one person think Usmanee lost the fight, except the judges.
          only way to completely fix it would be to fight until a knockout.

"and he we go with round 34, both fighters showing signs of fatigue"

Comment

That would just cause more problems. We'll start to see fights getting overturned that shouldn't be overturned. It would still be a subjective decision, and anytime there is subjectivity involved there's going to be disagreements and corruption. It's just asking for more controversy. The only good that can be taken from these situations is that the fans know who really won, and hopefully the networks and promoters realize it and it doesn't hurt Usmanee's career.

Comment

First, i think the networks should be honorable and have the person who is robbed back on. ESPN im sure will have the Afghani back on.

Second, i always try to do my part by sending emails and leaving messages with the state athletics department and hope others do the same. It actually worked a bit in the Williams vs Lara robbery. All three judges are still suspended to this day as a result of all the outrage. Lara still lost of course but its better than nothing.

With a fight like tonight though, it's such a small card, two basically no name fighters, nothing will probably happen. The best we can hope for realistically is Bart is basically forced to fight a rematch. Again, ESPN should be honorable and basically say the only way we'll have Barthelemy on again is if he rematches Usmanee.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 01-05-2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

After every bad decision we get threads like these, it sucks but it's the dark side of our sport we have to live with.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  First, i think the networks should be honorable and have the person who is robbed back on. ESPN im sure will have the Afghani back on.

Second, i always try to do my part by sending emails and leaving messages with the state athletics department and hope others do the same. It actually worked a bit in the Williams vs Lara robbery. All three judges are still suspended to this day as a result of all the outrage. Lara still lost of course but its better than nothing.

With a fight like tonight though, it's such a small card, two basically no name fighters, nothing will probably happen. The best we can hope for realistically is Bart is basically forced to fight a rematch. Again, ESPN should be honorable and basically say the only way we'll have Barthelemy on again is if he rematches Usmanee.
                  Yeah that's probably one of the few times I remember something actually getting done.

Comment

Boxing fans just have to know the deal and not cheapen the whole meaning of their words. As boxing fans make sure people know which fights were bad and keep that information alive. Fans also need to know how to differentiate between even, close, fairly close, gifts and straight up heists (which I personally consider real rare).

Comment

Working...
                    X