Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marcov View Post
    Donaire is ducking the 11-0 fighter?

Donaire fought the WBC champion tonight who had defended his title six times.
    In Donaire's previous fight he fought the IBF super bantamweight champion Jeffrey Mathebula.
    In his two fights before that he beat Wilfredo Vazquez Jr and the reigning WBO super flyweight champion.
    Right before that he destroyed the WBO & WBC bantamweight champ Montiel.

So he is ducking the 11-0 Rigondeaux who in his only two title defenses has beat Robert Marroquin, who lost to 14-5-3 Francisco Leal the previous year and Teon Kennedy who somehow got a title fight in spite of the fact Kennedy didn't win his last two fights!
    Wasn't aware Donaire was fighting Mares. Damn Mares has changed a lot. I didn't know he came from Japanese background.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
      And there enlies the real reason - which is why his post interview statement sounded like...... bull****. I know he's not gonna come out and say some stupid **** like "Well I could lose and **** up my $$$$". But the way he said it just made him sound ridiculous, because the last few fighters we've seen him against haven't exactly been 'exciting, big money, gotta see' guys.
      What did he say and how did he say it, miss lory? I watched a different telecast and I didn't see the interview that's being referred to.

Comment

• Originally posted by subhuman View Post
        Donaire is miles above Rigo.

It's just like Rios said, when he was training to fight for Abril he wasn't excited for Abril the fighter, he was just focused on weight and normal training routine, but when it was announced he's fighting Alvarado he had that spark in training.

It's the same for Donaire, who the hell would get excited to fight some prospect with 10 or 11 wins?
        Rigo isn't just a prospect with 10 or 11 wins. He's the best amateur boxer of this past decade, and the skillset he has exhibited makes him a tought fight for Donaire.

Just about every single hardcore boxing fan I know is clamoring for the fight. Even on Donaire's fan page people always saying "fight Rigo."

If he doesn't fight Mares/Moreno winner, he's got no excuse not to fight Rigo.

LOL, he even said he wanted to unify the division by winning "3 out of the 4" title belts. . Wonder why not all 4? Guess who has a title (a legitimate one, not an interm bull****), RIGO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          What did he say and how did he say it, miss lory? I watched a different telecast and I didn't see the interview that's being referred to.
          Max Kellerman basically said "Nonito, I know you get frustrated when I bring this name up.....but what about Rigondeaux?"

And Donaire basically said Rigo isn't well known and isn't deserving just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            Rigo isn't just a prospect with 10 or 11 wins. He's the best amateur boxer of this past decade, and the skillset he has exhibited makes him a tought fight for Donaire.

Just about every single hardcore boxing fan I know is clamoring for the fight. Even on Donaire's fan page people always saying "fight Rigo."

If he doesn't fight Mares/Moreno winner, he's got no excuse not to fight Rigo.

LOL, he even said he wanted to unify the division by winning "3 out of the 4" title belts. . Wonder why not all 4? Guess who has a title (a legitimate one, not an interm bull****), RIGO!!!
            Its quite sad really, he makes no attempt to hide the fact that he plans to duck Rigo.

Comment

• Originally posted by subhuman View Post
              Max Kellerman basically said "Nonito, I know you get frustrated when I bring this name up.....but what about Rigondeaux?"

And Donaire basically said Rigo isn't well known and isn't deserving just yet.
              Actually... Nonito said "I'll fight anyone out there Max" and Max said "What about Rigondeaux?" Nonito was like "Ummm.... well... ummm... about that! No thanks."

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Its quite sad really, he makes no attempt to hide the fact that he plans to duck Rigo.

Exactly. He's made it clear he wants no part of Rigo. He's dropped all the hints in the world to make his intent perfectly clear, aside from straight up saying "I'm ducking Rigo."

I remember I kept asking him about it on his page, and actually got him to respond to me (this was right after the Vazquez fight back in March or something), and he said "I've told BOb, and Cameron to makae the fight, but they said I was lined up for all of 2012 already." So I said "well, what about early, mid 2013"? and he said "I'll have to talk to Top Rank, and Cameron."

Comment

Exactly. He's made it clear he wants no part of Rigo. He's dropped all the hints in the world to make his intent perfectly clear, aside from straight up saying "I'm ducking Rigo."

I remember I kept asking him about it on his page, and actually got him to respond to me (this was right after the Vazquez fight back in March or something), and he said "I've told BOb, and Cameron to makae the fight, but they said I was lined up for all of 2012 already." So I said "well, what about early, mid 2013"? and he said "I'll have to talk to Top Rank, and Cameron."
                  He's obviously lying cause he keeps saying he wants no parts of Rigo. Last fight he said "Rigondeaux... maybe." Tonight he went to his old excuse, "he needs to prove himself."

Comment

and he said "I'll have to talk to Top Rank, and Cameron."
                    Bring on the cash cow, Arce!

Comment

• Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      I don't get why if Rigo is so awful, Nonito keeps avoiding that fight.
                      It's because they know the Mares fight is almost impossible to make ( Top Rank vs GBP ) so Donaire can get a "Pass" for not fighting Mares ... so they can exert all their energy on discrediting Rigo while Donaire openly ducks him ...

Comment

Working...
                      X