Dempsey vs. Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump......

Comment

Inside punching go to DEMPSEY.No way.DEMPSEY had no right hand and a much weaker chin than MARCIANO. As far as everyone saying he fought old men EZZARD CHARLES was only 2 YEARS older.MARCIANO would ko DEMPSEY in 9

Comment

Originally posted by dwidsid3d View Post
        Inside punching go to DEMPSEY.No way.DEMPSEY had no right hand and a much weaker chin than MARCIANO. As far as everyone saying he fought old men EZZARD CHARLES was only 2 YEARS older.MARCIANO would ko DEMPSEY in 9
        You have no intelligence.

Comment

Both are relentless boxers but Marciano had the better Stamina. I could see Marciano stopping Dempsey late whilst tight on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Gent View Post
            Both are relentless boxers but Marciano had the better Stamina. I could see Marciano stopping Dempsey late whilst tight on the cards
            but dempsey was quicker

IMO either dempsey early or marciano late

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
              You have no intelligence.
              wHY DO i HAVE NO INTELLIGENCE .bOTH KO SHAKY WALKIN ALI

Comment

great match-up. this would be a hell of a fight. I think Dempsey would beat Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by dwidsid3d View Post
                  dempsey was a much better in-fuighter than marciano and had a very good right hand

Comment

This is one of the best matchups pound for pound. I think Dempsey would get the better of it early on, but i think he'd crumble from Marciano's attack eventually. Styles make fights, and they're both swarmers, i don't think Dempsey's height would make a diffirence. Marciano had more stamina, was more durable and had heart. I just think he would have a bit more than Dempsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
                      This is one of the best matchups pound for pound. I think Dempsey would get the better of it early on, but i think he'd crumble from Marciano's attack eventually. Styles make fights, and they're both swarmers, i don't think Dempsey's height would make a diffirence. Marciano had more stamina, was more durable and had heart. I just think he would have a bit more than Dempsey.
                      Marciano definetely had more stamina, but how do you know he could take it more? Dempsey had amazing recuperative powers. Also heart would be equal. For some fighters, after a certain point heart is not measurable, and both these guys had all the heart you could want. Dempsey was a fast starter, probably the fastest starter in the history of boxing. Marciano was a traditionally slow starter and very vulnerable in the early rounds. Dempsey was able to hammer Jess Willard around the ring, whose chin was much better than Marciano's. If Dempsey hit Marciano with those cat-quick blows of dynamite, Marciano couldn't stay on his feet. I'd say Dempsey takes him out early in no more than four rounds. If Marciano gets past the six round, then he wins, but I doubt the fight would last under the fury of Dempsey's attack.

Comment

Working...
                      X