Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez III the biggest backfiring cherry pick in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pacquiao-Marquez III the biggest backfiring cherry pick in history?

I cant think of any other fight at the highest level with a prime boxing star at the peak of his career with so much hype/expectations behind him. Especially considering they waited 4 years to rematch a 38yo lightweight champion against the #1P4P welterweight champion.

I love when things like these happen. Team Pac and Arum thought they would walk right through JMM and KO him by the 2nd round...boy were they horribly wrong. Instead, JMM gave Pac yet another boxing lesson.

Comment

Not even close to a cherry pick this year. Ishida-Kirkland.... Ishida was clearly brought in to lose and get destroyed.
      Also I don't think it's a cherry pick.

Comment

It was a bigger cherry pick then Oscar vs Pac in 08...

Comment

What?

How about Judah-Baldomir.

Comment

If you think JMM is a cherry pick than you don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Juan Manuel Lopez and Salido was great because it ****ed over Arum's Gamboa fight. Serves him right.

Comment

I mean at the highest level, and Kirkland and Judah didnt have half of the hype surrounding them as Pacquiao. And their opponents were younger than JMM lol.
                Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                If you think JMM is a cherry pick than you don't know **** about boxing.
                Sooo that must mean Pacquiao & Co. dont know shiet about boxing?

Comment

How can you cherry pick a guy you went life and death with twice?

Also, people complained about the catch weight, but while I said it prior to the fight, can anyone honestly say size was a factor after what went down Saturday?

And Age? yes Marquez is 38 but let me ask you this; Would any SMW and LHW be called a cherry picker for going after a 44 year old Bernard Hopkins (keep in mind almost all of those guys are younger than Manny by 3-5 years)? Also almost all the legit 160, and 154 are almost a decade younger than Martinez.....would it be considered Cherry picking if they went after a 37 year old Sergio Martinez?

This is a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    What?

How about Judah-Baldomir.
                    Lewis v Rahman?

Comment

Working...
                    X