Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boente: Wladimir Will Not Get Forced Into Povetkin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boente: Wladimir Will Not Get Forced Into Povetkin Bout

Undisputed heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (58-3, 51KOs) will not allow himself to get forced into a fight with WBC "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs), according to Wladimir's manager Bernd Boente.

Following Povetkin's one-sided knockout of Hasim Rahman, the Russian boxer's promoter, Sauerland Event, said the WBA has given Wladimir until the end of February to face Povetkin. Wladimir defense his belts next against undefeated Mariusz Wach on November 10th in Hamburg. [Click Here To Read More]

Nobody will be happier to hear this than Povetkin.

Comment

.....................#smh

Comment

When I read the headline I thought to myself, what is wrong with Wlad? However, after reading the article I find it beyond bizarre that Pusvetkin and his people actually believe that they are calling the shots. Are they insane? And just in case the Wlad fight doesn't happen. I thought that I read somewhere that Pinklon Thomas was thinking about a comeback and was looking for an opponent.

Comment

Just sounds like political jabs, does Povetkin really even want the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            When I read the headline I thought to myself, what is wrong with Wlad? However, after reading the article I find it beyond bizarre that Pusvetkin and his people actually believe that they are calling the shots. Are they insane? And just in case the Wlad fight doesn't happen. I thought that I read somewhere that Pinklon Thomas was thinking about a comeback and was looking for an opponent.
            Well it's Boente saying this not Wladimir

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Undisputed heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (58-3, 51KOs) will not allow himself to get forced into a fight with WBC "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs), according to Wladimir's manager Bernd Boente.

Following Povetkin's one-sided knockout of Hasim Rahman, the Russian boxer's promoter, Sauerland Event, said the WBA has given Wladimir until the end of February to face Povetkin. Wladimir defense his belts next against undefeated Mariusz Wach on November 10th in Hamburg. [Click Here To Read More]
              Wlad is not an undisputed champion is he?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                Wlad is not an undisputed champion is he?
                No, neither is Povetkin the "WBC 'Regular' Champion". The article is poorly written

Comment

I like what Boente had to say this time. Team Povetkin aren't dictating anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X