Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Reaching The Elite Level, Is It Ok To Take On A Fighter Coming Off A Loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
    [B]
    That's all you have? That I edited my post and " dirty little girl?" ? I think that clearly shows who got "spanked" lol Judah-Baldimer has nothing to do with Mayweather huh? lol
    Wow you are digging that hole deeper aren't you?

This is so easy its not really fun.

I never even mentioned Baldo/Judah or said they had nothing to do with Floyd.

You have posters confused here and clearly trouble with focus and comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Wow you are digging that hole deeper aren't you?

This is so easy its not really fun.

I never even mentioned Baldo/Judah or said they had nothing to do with Floyd.

You have posters confused here and clearly trouble with focus and comprehension.
      Originally Posted by 2501
      when a fighter reaches the elite level, is it ok for them to take on a fighter who was decisively beaten in their previous fight?

Originally posted by NO Ceilings
      It has to be, no one cared that Pac fought Clottey. They only mention Floyd fighting Judah.

Originally posted by spray resistant
      Clottey was not "decisively" beaten by Cotto.

Who and what were you referring to here? It's something called context. Still having fun?
      Last edited by Calilloyd; 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        when a fighter reaches the elite level, is it ok for them to take on a fighter who was decisively beaten in their previous fight?
        The answer is "it depends". Among the factors are...

Did the fighter come off a physical beating... or a technical/stylistic schooling?

Had the fighter moved up in weight, and was returning to his comfortable weight?

Was the fighter in his prime, or was the loss perhaps indicative of an age-related decline?

Comment

It has to be, no one cared that Pac fought Clottey. They only mention Floyd fighting Judah.

Who and what were you referring to here? It's something called context. Still having fun?

Was Judah "decisively" beaten by Baldomir? Which of the first five rounds did any of you give to Baldo?

Comment

There was once a rule that a fighter needed to win a bout before getting a title shot, but that rule was thrown out the window. I thought it was a good rule and should still be enforced.

Comment

Yeah, so I am talking about Pac's win over Clottey, I never mentioned or made any reference to Floyd....I in fact ignored him completely.

Comment

judah losing to a journeyman should have dq'd him from any big fights. clottey losing a nip and tuck fight to a top fighter like cotto should not. martinez losing to williams in a nip and tuck fight to landed him a fight with pavlik. if martinez had just lost to k-9 bundrage then it would be a disgrace to fight pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  I never made any mention of Floyd or anything related to him like the aftermath of Judah/Baldo and am disinterested in talking about it really.

I was just responding you discrediting of Pac which you simply can't do here and have any credibility as both Clottey and Cotto are IN FACT bigger men than him and top level fighters.
                  Who cares if they are bigger. Pac is a WW man. Period.

I didnt discredit Pac. This thread is about fighters fighting people after a Loss.

So you dont have any problem with Judah-Mayweather right? Since Judah wasnt decisively beaten either.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Who cares if they are bigger. Pac is a WW man. Period.

I didnt discredit Pac. This thread is about fighters fighting people after a Loss.

So you dont have any problem with Judah-Mayweather right? Since Judah wasnt decisively beaten either.
                    I care and so do most ppl because size is how fighters are classified, and nah Judah is a talented guy and gave Floyd some trouble early anyway like he does everyone one, Floyd adjusted and beat him, then beat Baldo too so its fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X