Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you sum up Nino Benvenuti's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you sum up Nino Benvenuti's career?

What type of fighter was he? How do you rate his resume?

Good all around fighter who would have been a better fit at 154 than 160. Did everything pretty well and even had a dramatic one punch KO over Luis Rodriguez. He may be the best Italian born fighter ever.

Comment

Very good fighter. Very underrated.

His first fight with Monzon is one of my all time favourite fights.

Comment

Solid performer with movie star looks!!! A great record and is known to be a great man! I met him in Milan Italy at the World Featherweight title bout featuring Louis Stecca challenging Ch. Leo Cruz and he was a very engaging fellow who is certainly a "boxing god" in Italy!
        Won some and lost some big fights back in his day but thats what the great fighters do, they fight each other then loose a few on the road saying by and picking up a few pennies to boot!!
        Clever fighter, decent punch and speed everyone respected him. Ray.

Comment

Nice post Ray on Nino. I saw him fight live twice...Shea stadium against Griffith
          And non-title against Dick Tiger...both very good fights

Comment

Nice post Ray on Nino. I saw him fight live twice...Shea stadium against Griffith
            And non-title against Dick Tiger...both very good fights

Comment

Either the #1 or #2 to fight out of italy. One of the rarely examples of European fighter with a European style who is also pleasant to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Good all around fighter who would have been a better fit at 154 than 160. Did everything pretty well and even had a dramatic one punch KO over Luis Rodriguez. He may be the best Italian born fighter ever.
                He was actually born in Slovenia.

And IMO Loi ranks well ahead of him anyways.

My favorite fight of Benvenuti's was against a Korean guy... can"t remember for the life of me what the name was.
                Last edited by SBleeder; 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  He was actually born in Slovenia.
                  Ha. Long ago an Italian-American fan told me Nino was the best Italian born so I just assumed that it was true. But I never knew that John McCain was born in Panama either.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    And IMO Loi ranks well ahead of him anyways.
                    Why?

I'm not defending Benvenuti and perhaps it's because I'm more familiar with that era, but what does Loi have that easily secures his position at #1?

Comment

Working...
                    X