Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: If Not a Build To Mares vs. Moreno Clash, Then What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: If Not a Build To Mares vs. Moreno Clash, Then What?

by Cliff Rold - Saturday night, they share a twin bill in El Paso, Texas. It is the second fight card in a row where they have done so. They share a promoter. They are the same size. They are both getting Showtime’s air.

It’s got all the ingredients of a classic match. Both men, at 26 years old, are reaching their peak and, depending on who’s opining, beginning to get play in conversations about the world’s best overall fighters. Clearly, former IBF Bantamweight titlist Abner Mares (23-0-1, 13 KO) and current WBA Bantamweight titlist Anselmo Moreno (32-1-1, 11 KO) are on a collision course, right?

Not so fast.

Neither man has said they don’t want to fight the other. It’s hard not to miss, when each man names the men they’d like to face next, neither tops the others list. One looks at the best opponents available at Jr. Featherweight, the division Mares debuts in this weekend, the division Moreno seems next to enter if he wins this weekend, leaves the obvious glaring. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm proud of my Mexican brothers in boxing because they fight the best fighters of their size(and alot of times bigger) in their prime and when they fight they do actual fighting and not that hugging, hand holding, head holding junk that nobody wants to see.

Comment

I hope 122 doesn't turn into the jmw division..... A bunch of names not fighting each other

Comment

Mares vs. Moreno needs to happen, at 118 or 122.

Comment

Working...
        X