Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Gonzalez vs Cuevas, Oquendo vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Gonzalez vs Cuevas, Oquendo vs Martinez

TOA BAJA, PUERTO RICO - The weights are in for Friday's big show. Undefeated José "Chelo" González and top contender Jonathan "Polvo" Oquendo will co-headline the third edition of the series "A Puno Limpio" at the coliseum Antonio R. Barcelo in Toa Baja, in a presentation by PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP), which will be seen through WAPA America and WAPA 2.

[Click Here To Read More]

did pipino even come to win looks like a hasn't trained at all and has been eating tacos and coronas

Comment

cuevas is a bum....looks like he didn't even train and if thats true i think it's very disrespectful for his opponent and the fans who pay for a good fight,the man is over 30 and has been ko'd in his last two fights,losing 4 of last 5..i think promoters should be more careful at the guys they pick for their fighters,a lot do this and it's not right

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        did pipino even come to win looks like a hasn't trained at all and has been eating tacos and coronas
        Don't sleep on how Pipino Cuevas jr looks, his father had more or less the same built & his father was BAD ASS!!When Pipino Cuevas Sr beat(by KO in 2)WBA Champ Angel "El Cholo" Espada for the world title he was 15-6-13KO's & ironically his son has almost the same record(14-6, 12KO’s) as his father did when he faced & beat 1 of our Boricua Champs(The only deference was that Espada wasn't undefeated, he already had 7 defeats)...So try to keep all these bias comments to u'rself cause all u been doing is jinxing our fighters!!!

Comment

Shows how confident the match makers are that picked him as an opponent in the first plus huh? Typical bum matchmaking for a "great night of boxing" as that dumbass PutoBoxingCotto always says when its a match held in the homeland that he probably never visits.

Gonzalez will never be champ so it doesnt really matter only one worth watching on this card is Oquendo but even then he wouldnt beat a current champ put him up against Mikey Garcia and then well see whats up.

Most Mexicans dont have sculpted bodies anyways its very rare you even see one with a six pack but they got bigger balls and they been proving it time and time again
          Last edited by Kannabis Kid; 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
            cuevas is a bum....looks like he didn't even train and if thats true i think it's very disrespectful for his opponent and the fans who pay for a good fight,the man is over 30 and has been ko'd in his last two fights,losing 4 of last 5..i think promoters should be more careful at the guys they pick for their fighters,a lot do this and it's not right
            Tru & it's called building up a fighters record..I personally don't agree with this type of practice...Promoters have always done this threw out all of boxing's history..For example just look at Canelo's & Chavez jr's records, it's full of them!!..But promoters have to be careful, cause sometimes this type of s h i t backfires on them..

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
              Shows how confident the match makers are that picked him as an opponent in the first plus huh? Typical bum matchmaking for a "great night of boxing" as that dumbass PutoBoxingCotto always says when its a match held in the homeland that he probably never visits.

Gonzalez will never be champ so it doesnt really matter only one worth watching on this card is Oquendo but even then he wouldnt beat a current champ put him up against Mikey Garcia and then well see whats up.

Most Mexicans dont have sculpted bodies anyways its very rare you even see one with a six pack but they got bigger balls and they been proving it time and time again
              I disagree cause "Chelo" does have skills & he has to fight who ever his promoters put in front of him..But they definitely need to step up the comp..Now Oquendo ain't all that, he's only beaten TOMATO CANS & when he stepped up in class(Against Juanma before Juanma won a world title) Oquendo was floored 5 or 6 times in 3 rounds!! & 2 fights ago he struggled & was behind on the scorecards against mediocre Eden Sansona(not to be confused with his cousin ex world champ Marvin Sansona) & Oquendo was lucky that Sansona gased out in the 7th & went down in the 8th & 9th(more out of exhaustion than anything else) & the fight was stopped...& it's true that a lot of Mexican fighter's don't really have muscle definition in their body, but that doesn't really mean they are not in shape.. & I totally agree on the highlighted quot!!
              Last edited by Tomasio; 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I dont see Canelo and Jr fighting people with 20 losses like Oquendo is lol and hes already been in with JuanMa whats the point of stepping down competition to that level. Canelo has a good resume for being 20 years old it will only improve as the years go on as well. He doesnt deserve the belt hes got, but at least hes fighting a top 10 contender in his next fight. As for Jr ya he got padded up a bit, but hes at least putting forth an effort and people discrediting Zbik like hes some bum he has a belt and is undefeated regardless of what people say he can box and its not going to be that easy for Chavez to just come and take. Juan Ma fought Luevano to get his belt who was also as alot of people here say feather fisted, but no one said **** then.

Nothing against Ricans either its just everytime a Mexican does good on this forum theres always the same bunch that discredit them in every way possible. But if the rican does good, then they never let it go and like to forget anything that happened in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  I dont see Canelo and Jr fighting people with 20 losses like Oquendo is lol and hes already been in with JuanMa whats the point of stepping down competition to that level. Canelo has a good resume for being 20 years old it will only improve as the years go on as well. He doesnt deserve the belt hes got, but at least hes fighting a top 10 contender in his next fight. As for Jr ya he got padded up a bit, but hes at least putting forth an effort and people discrediting Zbik like hes some bum he has a belt and is undefeated regardless of what people say he can box and its not going to be that easy for Chavez to just come and take. Juan Ma fought Luevano to get his belt who was also as alot of people here say feather fisted, but no one said **** then.

Nothing against Ricans either its just everytime a Mexican does good on this forum theres always the same bunch that discredit them in every way possible. But if the rican does good, then they never let it go and like to forget anything that happened in the past.
                  Just look at Canelo's opponents & u'll see a bunch of Tomato Cans(they might not have 20 looses, but they are still bums!) & u'll also see 1 old ass dehydrated has been(Baldomir) & couple of blown up smaller fighter's from way lower divisions..& age don't mean s h i t cause he's been fighting pro since he was 15 in other words he has 6 years experience & 37 fights under his belt & some how Parasite Sulaiman managed to him get a world title, but yet he hasn't fought ANY creditable opponents!!..Benitez started fighting pro at 15 & at 17 in his 25th fight had already won a world title & Pipino Cuevas started at 14 & at 18 & on his 21 fight won a world title...So up till now Canelo is just a hype job!! & the Zbik & Chavez jr fight is actually a B U L L S H I T Title fight cause SCUMBAG Sulaiman LITERALLY GAVE Zbik the title(he didn't even fight for it like REAL champs do) after he unfairly stripped Sergio Martinez!! Sulaiman knew that Martinez was going to ANNIHILATE Chavez jr, so Sulaiman paved an easier road for Chavesito.. & if u see people(Boricuas & others) criticizing these 2 fighters is not because they are hating, it's because these 2 fighters have earned that rep...Just go on notifight(spanish boxing site from Mexico) & u'll see how Mexican's(real Mexican's, not Chicano's or Mexican american's) rip on Chavez jr & Canelo calling them hype jobs among other things!!...I know & i've seen Boricuas or people of Puerto Rican decent that come on this forum to discredit Mexican's all the time, the same way there are Mexican's or people of Mexican decent that come on this forum to discredit Boricua fighters..It goes both ways..I don't agree with it..But it happens..I'm a boxing fan & of course I root for My Boricua fighters, but on My favorite fighters list there are fighters from all over including Mexicans..

Comment

Lol not everyone is benitez i always see that get mentioned like everyone is automatically suppose to win at a certain age, for Canelos age hes gaining experience and theirs nothing wrong with it, hes fought better opposition than Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. yet Vasquez managed to get an easy belt too, maybe his name had something to do with it too. It goes both ways. Mexicans agree that Canelo and Chavez are over hyped that much is true, but that doesnt mean they dont support them or tune in when they fight because that would be a lie. Canelo got an exciting style and hes still green and learning give it time and he would give anyone a solid fight. Im not a big fan of either to be honest but they at least step in the ring something most people dont and the same people seem to always criticize when they dont have a good night or dont meet their expectations.

You talk about WBC being corrupt but didnt the WBO also strip Sergio of his title way before he the WBC and made it vacant? Who runs the WBO? haha it works both ways man WBC isnt the only one thats corrupt.

Comment

Working...
                    X