No announcement yet.

First take

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First take

So I just got home from work, got the kids ready for school and started flipping through some channels. I saw first take on ESPN and decided to watch it. Big mistake on my part. How anyone can stomach that **** is beyond me. I can't believe I used to watch that garbage but just hearing and seeing skip ramble on while accentuating his moronic point by tapping his pencil on the table...for fcuk sake...what is that?! Anyways, just wanted to know how many here watch it and if you do, is it for comedic value or do you seriously like it?

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    So I just got home from work, got the kids ready for school and started flipping through some channels. I saw first take on ESPN and decided to watch it. Big mistake on my part. How anyone can stomach that **** is beyond me. I can't believe I used to watch that garbage but just hearing and seeing skip ramble on while accentuating his moronic point by tapping his pencil on the table...for fcuk sake...what is that?! Anyways, just wanted to know how many here watch it and if you do, is it for comedic value or do you seriously like it?

dude, you just aren't capable of understanding the profundity of stephen A calling somebody a "superstar," or "this dude."

first take used to be something i could stomach. they had that dude with two different colored eyes moderating, and he was legit. they brought in stephen A as a guest, and realized that they could sell the hell out of the black - white dichotomy.

that show packages and sells race.

and yes, they will literally ahve arguments about whether a player in the NBA is a "star," or a "superstar."

i haven't been able to turn that show on for more than 5 minutes in years. it's some of the worst television you can find. ESPN is freaking awful.

i watch FNF, 30 for 30, and that's about it. even mike and mike are getting bad. eSPN is owned by disney, as many know, and they realized not long ago that they can make a hell of a lot of money by pushing their products while pretending to be a news source.

their products are the NBA, monday night football, anything but hockey, etc.

Comment

I've watched both guys defend their certain fighter for too long that i can't wait for May 3rd,4th,5th whenever it will be on after the fight,just to see either's face when one of the fighters has won or lost,shiz should will be fun then i'll never have to watch it again.

Didn't know it was owned by Disney so thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
        I've watched both guys defend their certain fighter for too long that i can't wait for May 3rd,4th,5th whenever it will be on after the fight,just to see either's face when one of the fighters has won or lost,shiz should will be fun then i'll never have to watch it again.

disney is one of the biggest media companies in the world right meow. they own ABC, one of the major four cable networks here. under that umbrella, they own several major TV stations in the states and worldwide.

wikipedia says they've got 80 billion in assets, and employ 180 thousand.

big, big company. ESPN does what they are told to benefit ABC / disney. it's getting a heck of a lot worse. they haven't been a genuine news outlet for years.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post

ad skip is a pacquiao fan, and stephen A smith is a mayweather fan.

que coincedencia!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            disney is one of the biggest media companies in the world right meow. they own ABC, one of the major four cable networks here. under that umbrella, they own several major TV stations in the states and worldwide.

wikipedia says they've got 80 billion in assets, and employ 180 thousand.

big, big company. ESPN does what they are told to benefit ABC / disney. it's getting a heck of a lot worse. they haven't been a genuine news outlet for years.

Those are some serious numbers.First take is probably the only thing i watch on ESPN,but that's very rarely.More so for my above post,someone is gonna look like a right turd after the fight.

Comment

Once a year stephen a smith drops an n bomb on live tv. That's the only reason to ever watch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                dude, you just aren't capable of understanding the profundity of stephen A calling somebody a "superstar," or "this dude."

first take used to be something i could stomach. they had that dude with two different colored eyes moderating, and he was legit. they brought in stephen A as a guest, and realized that they could sell the hell out of the black - white dichotomy.

that show packages and sells race.

and yes, they will literally ahve arguments about whether a player in the NBA is a "star," or a "superstar."

i haven't been able to turn that show on for more than 5 minutes in years. it's some of the worst television you can find. ESPN is freaking awful.

i watch FNF, 30 for 30, and that's about it. even mike and mike are getting bad. eSPN is owned by disney, as many know, and they realized not long ago that they can make a hell of a lot of money by pushing their products while pretending to be a news source.

their products are the NBA, monday night football, anything but hockey, etc.
                I pretty much agree and can relate to seeing all of the above. Is first take an indicator of how sheeplike the average American sports fan can be? It seems like Stephen A, skip, and carri spend more time convincing the audience that the truth is one of their versions. It's awful now...it even has me questioning if it was ever good at all. Time away really opened my eyes to that **** show

Comment

Horrible show since it became the skip-stephan show..

I liked it much better when it first came out and was called cold pizza

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Horrible show since it became the skip-stephan show..

I liked it much better when it first came out and was called cold pizza
                    Cold Pizza was actually good. So was SportsNation when it first started.

Comment

Working...
                    X