No announcement yet.

Reports Say Tszyu-Hatton Almost Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports Say Tszyu-Hatton Almost Done

Reports coming out of England state that a deal to match Jr. Welterweight champion Kostya Tszyu against undefeated Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton is almost a done deal. The bout is tentatively scheduled for March 5, 2005 at Manchester's MEN Arena. Hatton is facing Ray Oliveira in London on December 11. Tszyu is not taking any bout prior to the Hatton bout, Tszyu only wants big money fights. [details]

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
    Reports coming out of England state that a deal to match Jr. Welterweight champion Kostya Tszyu against undefeated Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton is almost a done deal. The bout is tentatively scheduled for March 5, 2005 at Manchester's MEN Arena. Hatton is facing Ray Oliveira in London on December 11. Tszyu is not taking any bout prior to the Hatton bout, Tszyu only wants big money fights. [details]
    Yes, it was in the English papers this morning. KT apparently getting £2million, so the majority of the purse as it should be. Bring it on!!
    Last edited by Cletus Funk; 11-30-2004, 08:46 AM.

Comment

It looks like we will see if the Ricky Hatton hype is real! (Words of wisdom Ricky, "beware of the straight right")

Comment

poor hatton...well two things will become clear.

can kostya keep performing and is hatton world class.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimAnus
          poor hatton...well two things will become clear.

can kostya keep performing and is hatton world class.
          Kostya shall destroy.

Comment

Right. Sure. Anything Warren says.

Be prepared to be disappointed again. Sorry.

Comment

20,000 + including myself will pack the MEN to see Hatton become a God amongst men. Good to see Warren is willing to pay the champion what he's worth to travel to Manchester for this title fight. Can't Wait!!

Comment

i feel u on that

Comment

Well there you go . . . Hatton's first acid test to prove that he is a world class fighter.

Comment

Hope KT does not take this fight

1. Hatton has not earned it in my mind
                    2. If KT wins Hatton will be an all hype fighter (which is actually kind of true) and KT will get no credit like he would with say
                    Spinks or PBF. IF its a good fight then RH will be a legit defense nothing more.

In other words i think there are bigger fights out there.

By the way first thing i thought when i read this is
                    "another BS promotional thing that is nowhere near ready"

but on the other hand they are both Showtime fighters

so it sounds possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X