Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caribe Promotions: Rigondeaux will fight Donaire in March or anytime, even in China

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Wow, never even seen this video before.. Am shocked but not surprised.
    Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Pretty old video.
    That video was recorded on March 21, 2011. It's been posted on Boxingscene before. Funny how some of these things are overlooked.

Comment

all talk..if rigo ends up fighting on february , thats a good sign he feels he aint ready for nonito, period..

im intruiged about what's gonna be on the main page this coming few days...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        all talk..if rigo ends up fighting on february , thats a good sign he feels he aint ready for nonito, period..

If Donaire and Rigo fought in March, that would make six months of inactivity for Guillermo. Do you honestly think that's fair? Why is it so urgent that they make the fight then and not give Rigondeaux one damn tune-up? Nonito had nothing but excuses for this fight for over a year: Rigo has no fan-base; he's too boring; he has to prove himself, etc. What changed in so short a time? Tell me, please. Was there a mass exodus from Cuba I didn't hear about? Has Rigo changed his style? What world-beater did Guillermo fight in the last few months that all of a sudden made him "worthy"? Now it's, "Hurry up and let's get this over with?" Fuck Nonito and the horse he rode in on.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          If Donaire and Rigo fought in March, that would make six months of inactivity for Guillermo. Do you honestly think that's fair? Why is it so urgent that they make the fight then and not give Rigondeaux one damn tune-up? Nonito had nothing but excuses for this fight for over a year: Rigo has no fan-base; he's too boring; he has to prove himself, etc. What changed in so short a time? Tell me, please. Was there a mass exodus from Cuba I didn't hear about? Has Rigo changed his style? What world-beater did Guillermo fight in the last few months that all of a sudden made him "worthy"? Now it's, "Hurry up and let's get this over with?" Fuck Nonito and the horse he rode in on.
          I've been wanting rigo to fight Donai******s for some time now as I truly believe he beats him. I knew poon testing positive for hiv was a major setback and prob meant that rigo would miss his chance. It sucks but if rigo is bieng offered march he needs to take it, Donaire clearly doesn't want this fight and all he needs to say is " I offered rigo the fight in January and he declined" and he wouldn't necessarily wrong .... Life isn't fair this is rigo shot there won't be many if any left.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            wow , 6 months , really?..thats like sugar ray leoanrd returning to fight marvin hagler right there, lol.. come on man

what's fair is team rigo come out and say if they are ready or not for march, no playing games...

you say it aint fair for rigo to take nonito on on march yet you claim nonito has nothing but excuses to not fight rigo for the last year or so..i dunno but thats sounds to me like a major contradiction ....

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              I've been wanting rigo to fight Donai******s for some time now as I truly believe he beats him. I knew poon testing positive for hiv was a major setback and prob meant that rigo would miss his chance. It sucks but if rigo is bieng offered march he needs to take it, Donaire clearly doesn't want this fight and all he needs to say is " I offered rigo the fight in January and he declined" and he wouldn't necessarily wrong .... Life isn't fair this is rigo shot there won't be many if any left.
              I agree on one point and disagree on another. One: You may find this hard to believe, but I'm not sold on the idea Rigo beats Donaire...at least not right now. Two: You're right. Life ain't fair and Guillermo probably has to grab his chance, ready or not. As the old saying goes, "Opportunity knocks but once...."

Comment

Originally posted by puga

Look how this guy is trying to turn this on Rigo...

Rigo already said yes to testing, yes to March and yes to China. What's Donaire gonna come up with next? Bare fists? I'd definitely put my money on Rigo then. Donaire seems like a pretty boy who's never been in a street fight before.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  wow , 6 months , really?..thats like sugar ray leoanrd returning to fight marvin hagler right there, lol.. come on man

what's fair is team rigo come out and say if they are ready or not for march, no playing games...

you say it aint fair for rigo to take nonito on on march yet you claim nonito has nothing but excuses to not fight rigo for the last year or so..i dunno but thats sounds to me like a major contradiction ....
                  I'm not contradicting myself, but Nonito certainly is. He's been making excuses; I listed them. Now everything he complained about before has changed and he wants to fight Rigo? Again I ask, What has changed?

I've said on many occasions that I believe Donaire beats Rigo at the current time. Guillermo is still finding his pro footing, in my opinion. I'm sure he thinks he's ready. He's a born champion. But the reality is, he's asked to take on one of the top P4P boxers in the world. Anyone and everyone has to bring their "A-game". Surely Rigo deserves to go into the fight with some decent preparation. Nonito just fought, so of course March is okay with him. He's still sharp. Could it be that Donaire's just looking for an unfair edge? Hmmm?

Comment

Rigo already said yes to testing, yes to March and yes to China. What's Donaire gonna come up with next? Bare fists? I'd definitely put my money on Rigo then. Donaire seems like a pretty boy who's never been in a street fight before.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    nonito says yes to march ..rigo says yes to march ...yet soembody in rigo's team said they want one more fight before nonito..hell, cubannyc is saying he wants one more fight before nonito ..who am i suppose to believe, when there's 2 guys in team rigo contradicting themselves......

Comment

Rigo already said yes to testing, yes to March and yes to China. What's Donaire gonna come up with next? Bare fists? I'd definitely put my money on Rigo then. Donaire seems like a pretty boy who's never been in a street fight before.[/SIZE]
                      Dude, honestly... You know my stance on this. You've read my posts and we've exchanged opinions on this subject. I was cool with Donaire before, but I'm finally getting turned off to him. This thing has definitely reached stupidity levels. Either allow Rigo a tune-up or stick to your damn excuses and wait 'til he's ready to retire like Nishioka and Arce to fight him. Motherfucker....

Comment

Working...
                      X