No announcement yet.

do you miss 15 rd fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you miss 15 rd fights

I do. but if 12 rds does keep fighters safe I am willing to accept it.
    your comments?

I do. I really do.

The amount of times I've said "If only fights were still 15 Rounds" is genuinely endless.

Comment

Most of todays fighters can't fight 12 rounds hard so 15 would just expose their lack of willingness to dominate!'Imagine Sergio getting KOd in the 13th round against Junior after boxing a shut out for 11???? Well it would have happened, if he started to step into Junior to finish him in the 8th he wouldn't have to be ready to be KOd by a green kid who doesn't know what a jab is!!
      The old "championship rounds" (11 to 15) are a thing of the past but it sure seperated the good from the better! Ray

Comment

Of course. How can you have a championship fight without the Championship Rounds?

Poet

Comment

Nope. And I've seen plenty of 15 round fights.

Comment

Yeah, but I understand why they're gone.

Comment

OMG YES.

12 rounders are no safer than 15 rounders. One fighter dies in the late rounds due to being dehydrated, and boxing goes and throws the baby out with the bathwater. I'd be willing to bet that fighters have been killed in round one several times throughout history; should we go ahead and limit fights to the national anthem and referee's instructions?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing 40-rounders brought back once in a while. Maybe if champions had to fight 40 rounds once a year, they'd stop training like weight lifters and would stop gassing out by round 10 (goes for 99% of the current heavyweight division, many of whom would die if they had to fight for fifteen rounds).

Comment

I need my 3 extra rounds of Devon Alexander

Really, no. I'm not sure it would be worth all fights being 3 rounds longer. Championship bouts, maybe, regular fights, no.

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Most of todays fighters can't fight 12 rounds hard so 15 would just expose their lack of willingness to dominate!'Imagine Sergio getting KOd in the 13th round against Junior after boxing a shut out for 11???? Well it would have happened, if he started to step into Junior to finish him in the 8th he wouldn't have to be ready to be KOd by a green kid who doesn't know what a jab is!!
                The old "championship rounds" (11 to 15) are a thing of the past but it sure seperated the good from the better! Ray
                If there had been 15 rounds, Martinez wouldn't have gotten all macho and desperately tried to get the KO in the 12th despite definitely being the winner on the scorecards.

Comment

Nope. Overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                    Nope. Overkill.
                    Explain. Was Leonard-Duran I overkill? How can 12 rounds be preferable to 15 rounds, unless one just has an incredibly short attention span (cough,mmafans,cough)?

Comment

Working...
                    X